Andy Halko, CEO
Insivia, A Strategic Marketing Agency
Integrated, strategic marketing solutions.
SEO & Social Media
Direct Mail & E-Mail
Identity & Collateral
Print & Advertising
Choosing The Right Words
1. Know the prospect – understand who you're selling to
2. Know the goal – determine the results you want
3. Get focused – choose a select group of 2 – 4 phrases
4. Know the purpose – what is the intent of the searcher
5. Do your research – check monthly searches versus competition
6. NEW: Understand the effects of Google Instant
Optimize Your Site
1. Title Tag – Factor number 4 in 'Top 5 Ranking Factors'
2. Submit Site Maps – XML sitemaps
3. Text in the page – Consider the density, but don't write for search
4. External Links – Have cross linking strategies and quality
1. Anchor Text
2. Site Trust + Distance from Trust
3. Site Page Rank
4. White versus Black Listed
5. Diversity of Sources
Link Building – Create Great Content
They say content is king and that is true. If it is great, people will link:
● Articles, White papers, etc.
● Build a "101 list".
● Create a list of the top 10 myths for a specific category.
● Create a list of gurus/experts.
● Create extensive resource lists for a specific topic.
● Shoot videos on interesting topics and with interesting people
● Create interactive diagrams, infographics or other useful multimedia
● Create a calculator, survey with results or other tool
Link Building – Distribute + Syndicate
OK, you've created great content, now make sure everyone can find it so they have
the chance to build a link back to you:
- Twitter, Facebook, Digg, Technorati … Use Social Media!
- Submit to lists of similar resources
- Use site like AllTop, EzineArticles, GoArticles, iSnare or local like Cleveland.com
- Send an E-Mail Campaign or include in your employee's signatures
- Use PPC to get targeted traffic
- Use partners or other related organizations and request a link
Link Building – Engage + Build Discussions
On many sites where you can interact, you have the ability to add links – even
if they are no-follow, they provide exposure:
- Ask questions and respond on sites like AskYahoo, GoogleGroups & LinkedIn
- Go to related blogs and provide valuable comments
- Get involved in forums around your sites topic
- Link to other quality blogs and posts from your own
- Write reviews and ask for feedback
Link Building – Join, Sign-Up & Beg
Get your link out there in any way you can – again, if it is no-follow it still provides
another way for people to find you:
- Join your chamber of commerce or other groups with good directories
- Create accounts and fill out the info pages on any sites you can
- Ask related organizations to put your link on their site
- Sign-up for directories (be careful of blacklist ones though)
Link Building – Get Creative
There are lots of ideas you could come up with, think about how you
Could get more sites to link to you:
- Create badges for membership sites.
- Create some sort of partnership program.
- Build a widget people can place on their site.
- Have a really nice looking site.
- Buy advertising.
- Hold a contest.
- Offer something for free.
Let's look at your sites
and ask questions!