Marketing departments are now having to do more than just throw leads over the fence. With ROI being added to their requirements, you cant afford to hand sales a phone book and hope they close deals.
Part of engagement should be monitoring for sales triggers
You have to enable your sales team and help them become an extension of your marketing messaging. This is the only way to be successful.
The first online profile you should focus on is LinkedIn. Stop thinking of it as a profile only updated when you are looking for a job. Your LI profile is being looked at by 60% or more of the people you come in contact with. Make sure your profile is updated, professional and an excellent example of YOU. I could talk for an hour on ways to enhance your LinkedIn profile but the most important points you should focus on are headline – Photo - websites - work history and summary.
1. Social SellingLeveraging Social Media for B2B Sales Teams @kokasexton | SLIDE :1
2. Social Selling Does Not ExistWithout the Fundamentals Sales DNA Process Training Tools Social Selling SLIDE :2
3. Sales Can Add Value and Build a Pipeline Using Social Media SLIDE :3
4. 60% of decision makers use social media | SLIDE :4
5. Sales and Marketing are not Aligned | SLIDE :5
6. Empower Sales to be Super. SLIDE :6
7. “70% of the B2B buying process happens online” SiriusDecisions Inc. awareness consideration purchaselevel of buyer activity “We have a project” “I’m just “We’ve downloading made a decision” stuff” “We’ve shortlisted vendors” “I’m just browsing” time
8. Do you really need more contact data?
9. Know Your Customer | SLIDE :9
10. Tools Used by Inside Sales Prospect/customer websites 73.5 LinkedIn 69.3 LinkedIn groups 38.8 Blogs 30.6 Facebook 26.5 Twitter 24.5 Google 8.2 | SLIDE :10
11. Look for the Sales Triggers SLIDE :11
12. When you can spot an opportunity while it’s still a blip,you have the ability to act. SLIDE :12
13. Emulate the Borg | SLIDE :13
14. Effective use of Sales Intelligence | SLIDE :14
15. Something is wrong! B2B companies able to track leads from social mediaNoYes 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% | SLIDE :15
16. Get Social | SLIDE :16
17. | SLIDE :17
18. Social networks are already in useby sales, teach them how to beawesome! | SLIDE :18
19. Where do I start? | SLIDE :19
20. Monitor ConnectTrack Engage | SLIDE :20
21. 1:1 Marketing | SLIDE :21
22. | SLIDE :22
23. Engage incommunitiesthat discusstopics andissues that youcan help with.Shareinformation thatyour prospectsand customerswant. SLIDE :23
24. Source: Lab42 SLIDE :25
25. The 5 Most Important Items to UpdateCustomizeheadlineAdd PhotoAdd WebsitesAdd TwitterCustomize link | SLIDE :26
26. Join the next evolution of sales www.socialsellingu.com | SLIDE :27