Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Nancy Nardin - Smart Selling Tools: How to Increase Revenue by Shifting Your Use of Sales-Energy
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×

Introducing the official SlideShare app

Stunning, full-screen experience for iPhone and Android

Text the download link to your phone

Standard text messaging rates apply

Nancy Nardin - Smart Selling Tools: How to Increase Revenue by Shifting Your Use of Sales-Energy

815
views

Published on

Sales Acceleration Summit - This session is now available on demand: http://www.insidesales.com/events/2014/sales-acceleration-summit/nancy-nardin …

Sales Acceleration Summit - This session is now available on demand: http://www.insidesales.com/events/2014/sales-acceleration-summit/nancy-nardin

Session Overview
Twenty years ago, the connection between energy efficiency and business profits was poorly understood. Not so today. However, there is another way that businesses can benefit by improving their use of energy which continues to be overlooked.

I’m referring to the use of Sales Energy. Each salesperson has a limited amount of sales energy (or sales capacity) to use throughout the year. The more efficiently that capacity is utilized, the higher your sales. Instead of settling for a quota-based assessment of sales capacity which tells you what you should be selling, a sales-energy assessment tells you what you could be selling.

In this session you’ll learn:

- How to quantify your available sales capacity
- Where to look for ways to improve efficiency in the sales process
- How to determine how much you could be selling
- What steps you can take today to increase revenue and profits through better use of sales-energy

Published in: Business

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
815
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools
  • 2. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Sales-Energy Efficiency
  • 3. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Should Expected vs Possible vs Could = = Quota vs Efficiency
  • 4. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools How Much Revenue is Possible?
  • 5. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Days/yr Hours/yr Hours/mo Calculating Sales Capacity = 215 = 1720 = 143
  • 6. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Sales Capacity = 75 = 602 = 50 35% Selling 1 2 Not communicating with prospects Communicating with prospects Days/yr Hours/yr Hours/mo = 215 = 1720 = 143 Available Capacity
  • 7. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools How Much Revenue is Possible? 35% Selling 50% Selling 1.2 hr 2.8 hr4 hr Effect on $1M Territory $150K increase?
  • 8. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools How Much Revenue is Possible? 35% Selling 50% Selling 1.2 hr 2.8 hr4 hr Increase of 1.2 hrs = 42.8% more selling time
  • 9. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools How Much Revenue is Possible? 35% Selling 50% Selling 1.2 hr 2.8 hr4 hr Increase of 1.2 hrs = 42.8% more selling time Effect on $1M Territory $428K increase!
  • 10. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Freeing up 72 minutes a dayIf reps spend 35% of their time communicating with prospects… 1 2 Not communicating with prospects Communicating with prospects How is the remaining 65% of their time spent?
  • 11. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Accounting for the remaining 65% Where does it go?
  • 12. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Converting leads into prospects Deciding who to call Making Contact Attempts Deciding what to say Preparing post sales-call follow-up Finding the right contacts Locating Resources Prioritizing Lead follow-up Sales Critical Tasks Convert prospects into opportunity Deciding what to do next Scheduling sales calls Pre-call research Creating presentations Creating follow-up information Creating & Sending emails Identifying key decision makers Proving ROI and Value Finding/sending relevant evidentiary support Converting Opportunities into closed deals Proposal/quote creation Proposal follow-up Proving ROI and Value Negotiations Getting internal approvals Obtaining/chasing signature
  • 13. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Administrative/Operational Creating & updating forecasts Responding to internal email Submitting Expense Reports Logging call results Locating Resources Getting internal approvals Building industry knowledge Less Sales Critical
  • 14. #SalesSummit | @sellingtools Sales-Energy Audit Paying Attention Look for & Eliminate the left-turns