View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
The Mindset of the Powerful Auditor
Positional Power Personal Power
Your Personal Power Living Brand
The Bridge 3 of 3
•Create 3 Brand Words
• Outline 3 actions to bring these words ALIVE
Becoming a Tri-Communicator
• Each person is to come up with the last three major
purchases they have made. If possible make one of
these a service.
• Looking at the VKA (Visual, Auditory, Kinaesthetic) –
what attracted you to the product.
• Now take a few of your recent clients and the
interaction you had with them. Knowing them the way
you do now – what is the best approach to ensure that
they respond? What was it about them that helped
draw you to this conclusion?
PerformerPerformer, Connector, Thinker
• Strengths/Attributes – Energetic, friendly,
outgoing, entertaining, fun, charismatic, etc
• Weaknesses: - Poor listeners, impatient, low
• The Customer Experience: - Fun, gets to know
them, good rapport, gets entertained, ‘talking
to a mate’ etc.
Performer, ConnectorConnector, Thinker
• Strengths/Attributes – Rapport building,
listening skills, getting quickly to the heart of a
business, empathy and genuine interest
• Weaknesses: meeting can overrun lack of
structure and may get a little too personal
• The Customer Experience: - Great rapport,
feels valued, understood and cared about
Performer, Connector, ThinkerThinker
• Strengths/Attributes – Problem-solver,
methodical, systematic, great at solving the issue
right first time etc
• Weaknesses: Voice can sound flat/monotone, dry,
lack of rapport and genuine interest in the
• The Customer Experience: I don’t feel like a
person – more like an object or number! I feel
disengaged due to lack of empathy and support
In groups of three or four – it is your chance to
become one of the three.
First in your group your task will be to set out your
case why you specific type is the best
Following this and in a clockwise motion each group
is to visit the other teams and critique why that
communication style would not work for them.
Research into what makes a great experience in
a meeting – top three answers.
•‘The person was relaxed, fun and was a real
•‘The person made me feel valued and honestly
cared about my situation.’
•‘The person was fast, efficient and got straight
to the point.’
What are your clients saying....
1. You are increasing your pricing, so why do we have to pay for
2. We are paying for all your elaborate entertainment,
sponsorship and bad lending - this is not right so what are
you going to do about it?
3. We had to bail you out...so where is the support for the SME
4. How can you justify the fee rising to X?
5. RBS is in a mess - why should I be banking with you?
In pairs discuss:
• What have your clients been saying in the
current climate? Positive and Negative
• Come up with a list of three or four negative
comments you have received towards you or
the audit function?
WHAT DO YOU SAYWHAT DO YOU SAY
NEXT ! ! ! !NEXT ! ! ! !
Future Proactive Solution
The consultant auditor = Wants x Needs x Support
The 80 / 20 Rule
The Consultant Auditor
Rules of Engagement
The Consultative Audit
• What does the person you are meeting want to get
out of the audit?
• Understanding the role of expectations lines
• What will they need to do in order to achieve that?
• How can you support them on that journey?
Dealing With Different Behaviours -
I get my way,
you don’t get yours
have it your way
If you talk to me like
that, I won’t
What will work
for both of us?
The 6 paradigms to human interaction