1. What is DATA LOGGING ?Process of using computer to collect data through sensors, analyze data and save the output the results of the collection and analysis Data : A collection of results Data Logging : Process handling data by using computer technology
2. ELEMENTS OF DATA LOGGING
3. Endothermic and exothermic process
4. engage a b
5. EmpowerSensor Data collector
6. Carry out experiment
7. ResultSolution of copper (II) sulphate,
8. Solution of anhydrous copper (II) sulphate
9. • Is the enthalpy change for this reaction exothermic or endothermic?• What sign should the enthalpy change have?• What is the equation for this reaction?• What bonds are being broken and formed in this reaction?• What is this enthalpy change called?
10. • How can we make a triangle between these reactions?
11. EnhanceCold packs and putting ice in towel causes a coolingeffect on their person’s head and temporarily relievethe pain and fever. Explain.
12. a) Cold Pack• When the cold pack is used, the chemicals inside the pack are made to react with each other and this reaction is highly endothermic in nature.• Endothermic reactions involve the absorption of heat.
13. • The ammonium nitrate mixing with the water creates cold. The temperature of cold packs can reach back to normal temperature.• The heat energy is taken into the system from the surrounding. The surrounding in this case is the person’s head.
14. Extension Production of Ammonia Gas : N2 (g) + 3H2 (g) ↔ 2NH3 (g) What will happen to the reaction if we increase the concentration the temperature of the reactant mixture?
15. • If the temperature of a reaction mixture is increase, the equilibrium will shift to decrease the temperature.• Based on Le Chatelier’s Principle which stated that if a chemical system at equilibrium experiences a change in concentration, temperature or total pressure, the equilibrium will shift in order to minimize that changes a new equilibrium is established.
16. • So, if we increase the temperature, the equilibrium will shift to the reactant part which is left.• So, the reaction will undergo endothermic reaction as it use up heat energy.• Ammonia will broken down into hydrogen and nitrogen gas. An increase in temperature will decrease the yield of ammonia , NH3.