How to Promote Your Business Online?
A good Internet marketing strategy that is able to promote your business effectively on the Internet is essential
for the long-term success of any business online. Whether your business sells online or uses its website to
promote its products and services, a good all-round web presence is vital.
Promoting your business online takes time and effort. It requires knowledge of the right methods and techniques
that can be used to promote your business amidst growing competition from other businesses.
In this article, we will take a look at the most effective strategy for promoting your business irrespective of its
1. Good Website
Website is one of the most effective branding tools for a business. A good website not only grabs the attention of
consumers but also makes a business appear credible and trustworthy. It also helps generate leads for the
The current trends favour minimalist designs with good usability and the right functionality.
Here are some website tips that can help you get started:
• Make sure the design reflects your branding
• Use CMS platform that is easy to update
• Offer good navigation
• Use the right Interactive features
• Good social media integration
• Sharp, crisp images
• Good call to action
2. Active Social Media Strategy
A good Social media strategy is essential to promote your business online. Marketing on social media is very
different to other direct marketing methods. Instead of focusing on directly promoting your business, you should
focus on building relationships by sharing quality information that is of value to your targeted audience. Social
media is very effective for creating brand awareness and generating interest in your products.
Here are some Social Media tips o help you get started:
• Use multiple social networks for improved reach
• Create customised profiles that reflect your company’s brand
• Share quality information that is relevant to your audience
• Post frequently
• Share information from a variety of sources not just your own website
• Take advantage of social media automation tools
3. Ongoing SEO Strategy
Search engines remain one of the most important channels to promote your business. To get instant results, you
can also take advantage of pay-per-click advertising such as Google Adwords. However for long-term benefits, it is
better to devote time and resources towards building your rank in free organic listings. This takes time and
requires an ongoing strategy in addition to good on-page optimisation.
Here are some SEO tips to help you get started:
• Optimise each page on your website separately
• Use keywords in the anchor text of incoming links (Make sure to use variations)
• Include link to your website in all external profiles
• Include link and good business description in all content published as part of your marketing efforts
• Use link-bait techniques to attract tons of back links to your website
• Use methods such as directory submissions and article marketing with caution
Blogging is an essential element of any successful internet marketing strategy today. Maintaining an active blog
on your website offers several benefits.
The benefits of blog include:
a. Blog will generate leads for the business
b. Blog improves ranking on search engine results
c. Blog adds trust in your business
d. Blog can increase website traffic manifold
5. Distribute Good Quality Content
Internet marketing has evolved significantly over the past few years. How we promote a business online has also
Marketers are focusing increasingly on inbound marketing methods to promote a business. Inbound marketing
focuses on producing quality content to attract consumers to your website or blog and then converting them into
leads for the business. It is a much more effective way to get new customers for your business.
Here are some Content Marketing Tips:
The following tips will help you to get the most out of your content marketing efforts:
• Publish quality content frequently
• Use several methods such as article marketing, press release distribution, blogging, and more
• Create valuable link bait items such as eBooks, reports and white papers
• Learn to Repurpose & re-use content e.g. blog posts can be re-used as eBooks, articles can be converted
to PDF and shared on document sharing sites, and more
What About You?
What methods do you use to promote your business online? Are you taking advantage of the strategies above?
We would like to hear from you. Please share your response by leaving a comment below.
Author K.Singh is the Director of Website Design Agency based in London and the Editor-in-Chief of Internet
Marketing & Web design Blog.