1. SINGAPORE IT PROFESSIONAL, ADVANCED Raymond Chou Simon Skinner Principal Consultant, Principal Consultant, Infront Consulting Singapore Infront Consulting EuropeOperationManager 2012- New featuresto EnhanceEnterpriseMonitoring
2. Session Objectives and Takeaways• Session Objectives: – Introduce what is new in Operations Manager 2012• Understand how Operations Manager 2012: – Help reduce your Mean Time to Resolution – Expands the IT Pro’s visibility of your environment
4. The DecisionsIT Pro Visibility Simplicity Reliability MTTR Personalization Consistency
5. Reduced TCO ofIT Pro Visibility Management Infra MTTR Holistic view of Application Health Simple and Powerful Visualizations decreasing time to value
6. Simple Topology requirements Reduced TCO of Management Infralower costs enables in hardware / maintenance /IT Pro Visibility configuration MTTR Holistic view of Application Health Reliable Environment enables Simple and Powerful no blackout in Visualizations decreasing time to and monitoring value reduction in labor costs for troubleshooting
7. OpsMgr 2007 R2 – Topology
8. OpsMgr 2007 R2 – Topology
9. OpsMgr 2007 R2 – TopologyProvides the following services: • Console access • Alert notifications • Connectors to other mgmt systems • Health aggregationIntroduces the following challenges: • Performance and scalability bottleneck • High end hardware required • High availability requires clustering
10. OpsMgr 2012 – Topology In OpsMgr 2012 : • Out of the box HA • Ability to run on commodity hardware X
11. OpsMgr 2012 – Topology X 2012: In OpsMgr 2007 R2: Pool Managed by a single MS
12. Reducing Mgmt Infra TCO Summary• 1 step setup of High Availability on commodity HW• Support for automatic Device monitoring failover
13. Simple dashboards Reduced TCO of view in a enable 360 single tool Management Infra Reliable informationIT Pro Visibility MTTR Holistic view of easy enables Application Health reconciliation of internal monitoring Simple and user with end Powerful experience Visualizations decreasing time to Personalized views value provides relevant
14. Expanding the IT Pro’s VisibilityOperations Manager 2007 SP1
15. Expanding the IT Pro’s VisibilityOperations Manager 2007 R2
16. Expanding the IT Pro’s VisibilityOperations Manager 2012
17. Expanding the IT Pro’s VisibilityOperations Manager 2012
18. 360 – Holistic View of Health End User Experience (Console, Web, SharePoint) (Synthetic Transactions) Consistent UX Application Monitoring (.NET, J2E) Infrastructure Monitoring (OS, SQL, IIS) Infrastructure Monitoring (Network)
19. Network Monitoring Discovery Monitoring Visualization Reporting• Multi-vendor support• Multi-protocol support• Server to network dependency discovery
20. Network Monitoring in OperationsManager 2012 demoSection divider sub-headline goes here, if any.
21. Holistic View of App Health (Network Infra)Vicinity Dashboard showing contextual Network MapSummary Dashboard of Network DevicesSee Network Device Details and Health
22. 360 – Holistic View of Health End User Experience (Console, Web, SharePoint) (Synthetic Transactions) Consistent UX Application Monitoring (.NET, J2E) Infrastructure Monitoring (OS, SQL, IIS) Infrastructure Monitoring (Network)
23. J2E in OpsMgr 2012Supported Platforms in OpsMgr 2012: – Operating Systems • Windows – Java EE Application Servers • WebSphere 6.1 & 7.0 • WebLogic 10gRel3 & 11gRel1 • JBOSS 4.2 & 5.1 (JVM 1.5+), JBOSS 6 (TBD) • Tomcat 5.5 & 6.0 (JVM 1.5+), Tomcat 7 (TBD)
24. Application Monitoring in OperationsManager 2012 demoSection divider sub-headline goes here, if any.
25. Holistic View of App Health (App Monitoring)Out of box App Discovery and MonitoringEasy to understand Application failures via Resource ViewUseful Dev information for efficient escalationIncreased time to value without custom MP authoring
26. Simple creation and customization of Reduced TCO of Dashboards through Management Infra Templates and WidgetsIT Pro Visibility Personalized MTTR Holistic view of Dashboards enable Application Health increased service owner efficiency and Simple and Powerful troubleshooting Visualizations decreasing time to Consistent views value across all consoles enable users to see and
30. Dashboards in Operations Manager 2012 demoSection divider sub-headline goes here, if any.
31. Simple and Powerful Visualizations via DashboardsEasy to create Dashboards from Windows and Web ConsoleEasy to customize data visualizations via WidgetsDashboard and Widgets delivered through MPsShow Dashboards in SharePoint
32. Reduced TCO ofIT Pro Visibility Management Infra MTTR Holistic view of Application Health Simple and Powerful Visualizations decreasing time to value
33. Session Objectives and TakeawaysSession Objectives: – Introduce you to what is new in Operations Manager 2012Understand how Operations Manager 2012: – Helps reduce the customer’s Mean Time to Resolution – Expands the IT Pro’s visibility of their environment
34. Q&ASection divider sub-headline goes here, if any.
35. Thank You
36. Application Monitoring!!
37. It’s all in the reporting.
38. Summary of size.
39. So many reports where am I going with this?
40. Attention to detail.
41. How does the client see the Application?
42. SINGAPORE PoeyYong WONG Business Solution Architect, NetAppsNetAppHyper-V CloudFast Trackwith Cisco
43. NetApp Solution for Microsoft Private Clouds Applications FlexClone® ApplianceWatch Data ONTAP™ for Rapid for Health Powershell Provisioning Monitoring Toolkit for Integration and Automation SnapMirror® for Disaster Recovery SnapManager® Backup & Recovery Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT // POEYYONG WONG // NETAPP
44. NetApp Hyper-V CloudFast Track with Cisco  Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track is a pre- validated, best-in-class Microsoft private cloud design  NetApp entry is the first multi-vendor Cisco UCS B-Series ® Blade Servers and private cloud architecture UCS Manager – Joint collaboration among NetApp, Cisco and Microsoft Cisco Nexus® – Microsoft infrastructure software (Microsoft Family Switches Hyper-V, Systems Center including SCVMM, SCOM, SCSM, Opalis) – Cisco UCS servers and Nexus switches – NetApp storage & software NetApp FAS Storage Systems  Accelerates private cloud deployments at reduced risk – Technical reference architecture, design, build and operate guides Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT // POEYYONG WONG // NETAPP
45. NetApp Solution for MicrosoftPrivate Clouds CMDB: Fabric state Administration Sample Scripts UI: Initiate DDTK-H workflows End-to-end Orchestration workflows Opalis Integration Packs MPs, PRO Tips, Manage processes Management SSP 2.0 Scripts and operations Data ONTAP Centralized Automation PowerShell automation and Toolkit configuration SnapDrive for Windows Virtualization and Virtualization SnapManager Resource Pools for Hyper-V WS-Man, Data ONTAP, Management and Hardware PowerShell, SDKs Provisioning SMI-S Interfaces Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT // POEYYONG WONG // NETAPP
46. NetApp: MTC Global Technology Partner MTC Envisioning Center – Silicon Valley UNITED STATES EMEA APAC • Atlanta • Cologne • Bangalore • Boston • Dublin • Beijing • Chicago • Moscow • Taipei • Dallas • Munich • Tokyo • Irvine • Paris • Singapore • New York City • Thames Valley (UK) • Reston • Silicon Valley • Toronto Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT // POEYYONG WONG // NETAPP
47. Where to get more info?NetApp for Microsoft Private Cloudhttp://www.netapp.com/us/solutions/infrastructure/microsoft-cloud.htmlNetApp Community & Supporthttp://now.netapp.com/NetApp Learning Roadmaphttp://learningcenter.netapp.com/content/public/production/learning_maps/customer/lm_customer_t1.htmSolution Architecthttps://learningcenter.netapp.com/content/public/production/learning_maps/telco/lm_telco_t3_s1.html Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT // POEYYONG WONG // NETAPP