Be the first to like this
1. Hello, I am giving a short speil on our group Innovation Fisher
2. I'm sure you guys don't need to hear another definiton of innovation, but I will just reiterate our interest in top-line revenue growth, customer centricity and multidiscipllinarity
3. So What is IF? we are a group for graduate students who are interested in or wish to be involved in the innovation space, and try to provide the tools to make this possible
4. IF is an organization serves to provide Fisher Graduate Students the skills and abilities to be more that just a brand manager, investment banker or entrepreneur, In my mail yesterday I got this most recent issue of newsweek, I don't know if anyone of you has seen it, but it talks about how we are failing at creativity even as it is rated as the the number one leadership competency by 1500 CEOs. IF can be seen as a group trying to reverse this trend, turning MBA convention on it's head and creating divergent and then convergent thinkers. So How Will We Do This?
5. In an effort to be more creative IF is very interestined in the ideas of inderdisciplinarity, multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary and this year will venture across the OSU campus to become involved with the graduate programs of Design and Engineering. The future economy will be idea based, and we seek to prepare our students to interact with the thought processes and skills of other disciplines.
6. We use workshops as a kind of experimental ancillary classroom, bringing in thinkers from outside Fisher to teach new skills and processes such as how to perform generative design research.
7. We also visit innovative companies to see how they apply innovation practice in a real tangible way, and get inspired for future workplaces.
8. Finally we have the What IF? Innovation symposium as a kind of capstone to hear from Thought leaders in the innovation space to inspire and promote discusion on the Fisher Campus as well in the greater OSU and Columbus community.
9. The First year of Innovation Fisher has been a great success and has really shown that Innovation is a subject that holds great importance for Fisher's Population, more than 60% of MBA students have attended at least one of IF's events last year
10. So What is IF's Future? Well right now we want to build on our successes from last year. We are already planning the next What IF? We are planning a workshop and site visit every quarter. One of our most important initatives however is growing our Innovation Fellowships for next year, Our Goal is to get 10 of our students working at Innovative Companies or working on Innovation Teams.
11. Thank You, If you have any questions, I will be around.