According to recent research by Satmetrix (May 2012), less than half of companies worldwide are tracking and responding to customers feedback via social media. What are you measuring in social media and why? This session focuses on developing social media metrics that truly matter; ones based on objective, audience and platform. More importantly, this presentation addresses the creation of meaningful metrics based on relationships (aka ratios) which properly factor in growth and behavior change. Learn how to create a social media measurement dashboard by asking strategic questions, conducting research, testing and refining metrics and associated goals. Kent Lewis, President & Founder of Anvil Media, will help you effectively measure your social media marketing initiatives and resources, whether they be tools, in-house or agency talent.
1. Measuring What Matters inSocial Media@KentjLewisPresident & FounderAnvilMediaInc.com
2. About Me
3. AgendaTrends in social media measurementWhat NOT to measureSocial measurement best practicesMetric options by platformExamplesResources
4. Trends in Social Metrics
5. Trends in Social Media
6. Trends in Social Media
7. What NOT to MeasureTotal Likes, Followers, Fans, etc.Velocity of updatesSentiment (via algorithm)Over-simplifying (Klout)Quantity over qualityCommentsGoogle +1sImpressionsDownloads
8. Identify key performance indicators (KPIs)Determine metrics & set goals for each platformDevelop content strategies to support goalsMonitor, measure and modify social activityRefine KPIs as neededTrends in Social MetricsSocial Mesurement Best Practices
21. Measuring What Matters: ExampleMeaningful Metrics by Objective Audience Platform Test, test test.
22. Example: Anvil Twitter
23. Example: Anvil Facebook
24. Determine your key performance indicators (KPIs)Map them to each platform’s metrics & set goalsDevelop content strategies to support goalsMonitor, measure and modify as neededStay on top of the evolving social environmentKey Takeaways
25. The Social Media Metrics That Truly Matterhttp://blogs.imediaconnection.com/blog/2012/02/22/social-media-metrics-that-matter/The 9 Dumbest Ways to Measure Social Mediahttp://www.imediaconnection.com/content/33132.aspSocial Media (Marketing) Evangelist Job Descriptionhttp://blogs.imediaconnection.com/blog/2012/03/10/social-media-marketing-evangelist-job-description/Related Articles
26. Read articles & white papers in Anvil Resources sectionSign up for our monthly email newsletter & webinarsRead our blog or follow us on Twitter (@AnvilMedia)Ask questions about digital or integrated marketing@KentjLewisPresident & FounderAnvil Media, Inc.email@example.comThank You