Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes(KEGG):
“It is a collection of online databases dealing with
genomes, enzymatic pathways, and biological chemicals.”
• Pathway database
• Record networks of molecule interaction
• Computerize current knowledge of biological systems & provide
• Maintain gene catalogs for sequenced genomes.
• Maintain catalogs of chemical reactions in living cells by
• Provide new informatics technologies toward predicting
biological systems and designing further expriments.
DATABASE OF KEGG
KEGG maintain 6 main databases:
“KEGG PATHWAY is a collection of manually drawn pathway
maps representing our knowledge on the molecular
interaction and reaction networks for:”
Genetic Information Processing
Environmental Information Processing
Use to detect functionally related enzyme clusters.
Automatic detection of conserved gene clusters in
multiple genomes by graph comparison.
Modeling & Stimulation
Browsing and retrieval of data
The Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes is a
vast library of information gathered from fully
sequenced genomes, genes, proteins, pathways, and
chemical compounds pertaining to over a hundred
different species of both prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.