3. Government! Government : Parliamentary republic President : Giorgio Napolitano Prime Minister: Silvio Berlusconi ITALY
4. Map of Italy with its regions..
5. Our national anthem... Fratelli d'Italia L'Italia s'è desta, Dell'elmo di Scipio S'è cinta la testa. Dov'è la Vittoria? Le porga la chioma, Ché schiava di Roma Iddio la creò . . Il Canto degli Italiani ( The Song of the Italians ) is the Italian national anthem . It is best known among Italians as Inno di Mameli ( Mameli's Hymn ) and often referred to as Fratelli d'Italia ( Brothers of Italy ), from its opening line .
6. Population... 60.054.511
7. The capital of ITALY. Rome...
8. Famous monuments Milan Cathedral Trevi Fountain Leaning tower of Pisa Cathedral of Messina
9. A landscape we love.. The Straits of Messina.
10. Something about Messina <ul><li>Aerial view of the harbour </li></ul><ul><li>Cairoli Square and the new tram </li></ul>
11. Messina by night <ul><li>The Cathedral </li></ul><ul><li>The Town Hall </li></ul>
12. A famous artist!!! . Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni  (March 6, 1475 – February 18, 1564), commonly known as Michelangelo , was an Italian Renaissance painter , sculptor , architect , poet , and engineer .
13. . Durante degli Alighieri (May/June c.1265 – September 14, 1321), commonly known as Dante , was an Italian poet of the Middle Ages . His central work , the Divina Commedia (originally called Commedia and later called Divina ("divine") by Boccaccio ), is often considered one of the greatest literary works composed in the Italian language and a masterpiece of world literature . A famous writer.
14. A famous singer. . Luciano Pavarotti (12 October 1935 – 6 September 2007) was an Italian operatic tenor , who also crossed over into popular music , becoming one of the most commercially successful tenors of all time. Pavarotti was also noted for his charity work on behalf of refugees and the Red Cross , amongst others.
15. A famous inventor. La pila di Volta era costituita da una serie di dischi in zinco e rame impilati uno all'altro, interposti ad essi vi erano dischi di feltro imbevuti di sostanza acida; era nato così il primo generatore statico di energia elettrica. Alessandro Volta (February 18, 1745 – March 5, 1827) was a physicist known especially for the development of the first electric cell in 1800.febbraio 1745.
16. An Italian recipe. Lasagne Ingredients 1 lb lean ground beef 1/2 medium sweet white onion, diced 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, diced 1/2 lb dry lasagna noodles (requires 9 lasagna noodles - unbroken) 1/4 cup sugar 1 28 oz can tomato sauce 1/2 28 oz can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes 1/2 6 oz can (3 oz) tomato paste 1 lb Ricotta cheese 1 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese (large flat square slices) 3/4 lb freshly grated parmesan cheese