- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGThe School of EngineeringFounded in 1876 and one of the largest in Italy, it is a multi-facetedcentre of excellence with over 10,000 registered students playingan active role in technological innovation, including the emergingLife Sciences (Biomedical Engineering and Bio-Engineering).It offers 30 programmes, in the areasof Civil and EnvironmentalEngineering, IndustrialEngineering and InformationEngineering, and places a great dealof emphasis on integrating teachingand research.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGFigures 10,652 Students 30 Courses 4 Departments 7 Ph.D. Schools 258 Full and Associate Professors 144 Researchers 390 Ph.D. Students
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING Aerospace Engineering Today: Biomedical Engineering Chemical and Materials Engineering 13 Civil Engineering 1 -Cycle Computer Engineering st(Bachelor’s) Electronic Engineering Energy Engineering Degree Engineering and ManagementProgrammes Engineering of Industrial Processing and Materials Environmental and Land Planning Engineering Information Engineering Mechanic and Mechatronic Engineering Mechanical Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING Aerospace Engineering 16 Automation Engineering Bioengineering 2nd-Cycle Chemical and Process Engineering(Master’s) Civil Engineering Computer Engineering Degree Electrical EngineeringProgrammes Electronic Engineering Energy Engineering Engineering and Management Environmental Engineering Taught in English Materials Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mechatronic Engineering Product Innovation Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING 1 Building Engineering Single- and Architecture Cycle (Master’s) (5 years) DegreeProgramme
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING 1st -Cycle (Bachelor’s) Degree 2 in Human Movement SciencesInter-School DegreeProgrammes with theUniversity’s Medical School 2nd-Cycle (Master’s) Degree in Preventive and Adapted Physical Activity
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING 1 2nd-Cycle (Master’s) DegreeInter-University Clinical Engineering Degree Programme with the University of Trieste
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING Civil, Architectural and Environmental 4 Engineering (including: Architecture, Urban Planning and Survey; Structural andDepart- Transportation Engineering; Hydraulic, Maritime,ments Environmental and Geotechnical Engineering) Industrial Engineering (including: Engineering Physics; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Innovation in Mechanics and Management; Chemical Engineering Principles and Practice; Engineering Chemical Processes) Information Engineering Management and Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING 7 Civil and Environmental Engineering Sciences Ph.D. Industrial EngineeringSchools Information Engineering Management Engineering and Real Estate Appraisal Materials Science and Engineering Product Innovation and Mechatronic Engineering Space Measures, Sciences and Technologies
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGT.I.M.E. - Top Industrial Managers for Europe The University of Padova is member of T.I.M.E.(Top Industrial Managers for Europe), a network of55 leading Engineering Schools & Faculties andTechnical Universities which offers, through asystem of voluntary bilateral agreements betweenits members, promotion and recognition ofacademic excellence andrelevance to the internationallabour market in the form ofDouble Degrees in Engineeringand related fields.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Training Projects Winter School in Sports Engineering: Our Dept. of IndustrialEngineering yearly organizes this Winter School in the Dolomitesin collaboration with ISEA (International Sports EngineeringAssociation) and Chemnitz University of Technology.The School provides the participants with the opportunity toenhance their knowledge of and expertise in ski, snowboard,cross-country ski and other Winter sport disciplines. Itcombines theoretical lectures read byexpert Professors active in the field ofSports Engineering, technical sessionswith hands‐on approach to theapplication and use of sensors andsystems for Winter sport equipments,and field test sessions on the slopes,where equipments and Data CollectionSystems are used, by taking advantage of the seasonal snow andunique environment of Cortina dAmpezzo’s valley.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Research Projects (1/5) Race Up Team: The University of Padova has got its ownteam in the Formula SAE, a student car design and racingcompetition organized by SAE International (formerlySociety of Automotive Engineers). Padova’s racing car thatparticipated in the 2006 championship was entirelydesigned, planned and built by a team of Professors andstudents of our Dept. of Industrial Engineering, andranked first for project qualityamong the Italian Universities.Our Team has also got the firstprize for its Business PlanPresentation on the HockenheimCircuit (2009), and the prize for“Best New-Comer Team” on theSilverstone Circuit (2010).
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Research Projects (2/5) Project R3: The University of Padova’s Project R3 teamtakes part in the “Mille e Una Vela per lUniversità" (OneThousand and One Sailing Boats for University) race cup, ascientific sports competition requiring students to designand build a sailing boat of limited size with accessibletechnologies, as well as limitations of cost and choice ofmaterials.The ultimate goal is an inter-University regatta taking placein September.Our team joined the competitionin 2008 and since that very firstexperience it has placed third,second and then won the regattain 2010.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Research Projects (3/5) RoboCup: Our Dept. of Information Engineering participatesin RoboCup, an international robotics competition founded in1993 with the aim of creating, by 2050, a team of fullyautonomous humanoid robot soccer players able to win asoccer game against the winner of the most recent World Cup,complying with the official rule of the FIFA.The intention is to promote research and education in the fieldof artificial intelligence. Padova on Titan: Italian science and technology havereached Saturn inside the Huygens probe. Padova’sresearchers strongly contributed to this space mission, bycreating HASI (Huygens Atmospheric Structure Instrument),an instrument used to measure the density, pressure andtemperature of Saturn’s moon Titan’s atmosphere.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Research Projects (4/5) Mole Ground Demonstrator for Mars Exploration: Ourresearchers have created the “Mole”, a device for detectingforms of life on Mars. The “Mole” derives its name from itsability to burrow to a depth of 100 metres beneath the crust ofthe planet. Quantum Information and Planetary QuantumCommunication: The paper on the creation of a 144-kmterrestrial quantum channel was rated one of Naturemagazine’s best 20 in 2007. The experiment was carried outby a European team with the participation of the University ofPadova, the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the MaxPlanck Institute for Quantum Optics Garching.Our Dept. of Information Engineering proposed the creationof a quantum channel between a satellite source in Space anda receiver on Earth. This channel promises to be quiteinteresting, for safe intercontinental communications andteleportation in Space.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGOutstanding Research Projects (5/5) The Shortest Artificial Event: In 2006 the record forthe shortest artificial event ever realised was loweredby an ultraviolet radiation impulse with a duration of 130attoseconds (130 billionths of a billionth of a second).The result, published in Science magazine, wasobtained by an Italian research team including ourDept. of Information Engineering, that built theappropriate optical and spectroscopic systems.For the first time researchers succeeded in obtaining animpulse with a duration shorter than the Bohr time, thatis the time required by an electron to orbit the nucleusof an atom.
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGExchange and Co-operation Agreements with:Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland,France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania,Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, RussianFederation, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.K.Afghanistan, China, India, Japan, NepalBurkina Faso, Cameroon, Sudan, TunisiaArgentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico,Peru, Venezuela, U.S.A.Australia
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING Waiting for you in Padova!