People and communities helping themselves.
self determination, empowerment,
community defined outcomes,
collective impact, place based action,
Innovative financial solutions with people and
Finance products that reflect an
understanding of the market, responsiveness
to market needs and that support social,
cultural and environmental change.
Community Development Finance Institution
Foresters Members Limited
Social Investment Australia
Foresters Community Finance Ltd.
Australian Credit License
• Australian Credit License (ACL)
• Capital provided through NAB
• Focus on individuals experiencing financial
• Triage systems focused on financial solutions,
including capability building.
• High touch loan application process focused on
building knowledge about financial position and
• Loans that address financial exclusion
Demand driven product suite
• Fair Finance Loan
• Disability Equipment Loan;
• Car repair loan;
• Loan for young people entering
• No Interest Loan
• Supporting non-profits and social enterprise
to develop and grow through their vision and
• Comprehensive due diligence model focused
on building knowledge and capacity.
• Technical support program.
Demand driven products and services
• Property finance
• Business development finance
• Service development finance
• Equipment finance
• Expanded technical support services – legal,
financial, property, strategy.
• Wholly owned subsidiary company, Social
Investment Australia Ltd. AFSL for wholesale
• Designs and delivers investment products in
the form of managed investment funds
matched to the finance needs of our markets.
• Investors include high net worth individuals,
institutional investors, foundations, PAFS.
• Community Finance Fund, Social Enterprise –
• Social Enterprise Finance Fund – business
investments for growth of existing enterprises.
• Early Stage Social enterprise Fund – business
investment for early stage ideas.
• Community Finance Fund Non-Profit –
property investments including social housing.
• Building supply does not mean demand will
follow – market building is crucial to success.
• Underinvestment is not a sign of limited
opportunity – high quality intermediation is
crucial to success.
• Australia is not an island when it comes to this
work – defining the role of government policy
and funding is critical to the future of this market.
• We understand what we are doing – delivering
finance…but do we understand why?