Loyola – carpet is carpet tiles – easy to pull up to add or relocate electrical outlets – heat came through the floor too. It needs to change as the students' needs change
Group Study Rooms – equipped with computers, tables and whiteboards Digital Media Labs - Media checkout Hard drives Camcorders Cameras Laptops
Have 30 of them. Got bigger tables to make room for student's stuff. Have white boards and computers. Can reserve rooms online.
Want to practice a presentation or share notes with classmates? The Library’s third floor Commons area has flat screen televisions available for use with a laptop. Stop by the library’s circulation desk and check out the cables and instructions needed to get connected, rooms are available on a “first come” basis.
Moveable furniture. Where students can create group and individual study areas
8. And more... <ul><ul><li>Not library centric </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Emphasizes the inclusion of patrons </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Connects patrons with information </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Provides collaborative spaces </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A common point for information </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A hub of activity </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Emphasizes the creation and construction of knowledge </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Integrates the library with the community </li></ul></ul>http://www.library.illinois.edu/ugl/lc/more.html
9. What are the motives to create an ideal commons?
10. Physical <ul><li> </li></ul>D.H. Hill Library http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncsulearningcommons/2388033846/sizes/m/in/photostream/
15. Before... <ul><li> </li></ul>Cudahy Library at Loyola http://www.flickr.com/photos/kschwoe/3045797967/sizes/m/in/photostream/
16. ...After <ul><li> </li></ul>Loyola Information Commons http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomspix/3730762930/sizes/m/in/photostream/
17. Partnerships in the Information Commons
18. Why is partnership essential?
19. Nazareth College http://www.flickr.com/photos/nazarethcie/5204493529/in/set-72157625335970633/ Essential component of the computer workstation environment
20. The HUB at William T. Young Library http://staceygreenwell.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-birthday-uncommon-commons.html Students/Patrons need both research and technological assistance
21. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehubatwts/3292428219/sizes/m/in/photostream/ Offer different perspectives for improving service
22. Other Reasons: Help resolve problems more quickly Allow for more accurate referrals Remove barriers between departments with different cultures and values to meet the needs of a combined user audience
23. What Kind of Partnerships are Needed in the Information Commons?
24. Basics: Reference Librarians Information Technology Staff Students/Patrons Administration/Board Members Key Community Members Stakeholders Support Staff Key community members/Dono rs
25. Other Ideas...
26. Sinclair Community College Library Tutoring and Learning Center http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinclairlibrary/1894156656/
27. University of Tennessee Library The Writing Center http://www.lib.utk.edu/refs/writingcenter.html
28. Sinclair Community College Library Academic Resource Center http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinclairlibrary/1454181051/sizes/m/in/photostream/
29. The HUB at William T. Young Library "GRUB AT THE HUB" http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehubatwts/1408244233/commons.html
30. University of New Haven Library Library Cafe http://www.newhaven.edu/library/general/JazzmanCafe/
31. How do you create these partnerships?
32. Sinclair Community College Library Integrated Desk http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinclairlibrary/2048506732/sizes/z/in/photostream/ Service at a single desk
33. The HUB at William T. Young Library http://staceygreenwell.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-birthday-uncommon-commons.html Service at two separate, but co-located desks
34. What are some challenges partnerships face?
35. #culturaldivide Collaboration
36. http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/structure/principal/cio.html The creation of a "CIO" helps combat these problems
37. What is the Role of the "Reference Librarian" in the Information Commons?
38. Monterey Institute of International Studies Text-A-Librarian Service http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarspri/4267162439/sizes /z/in/photostream/ Manage everything from face to face to digital communication
40. Sinclair Community College Library Library Instruction Classroom http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinclairlibrary/1894236862/sizes/z/in/photostream/ Teachers
41. Hennepin County Library "bookspace" http://www.hclib.org/pub/bookspace/ Work easily in online spaces
42. The Librarian In Black Blog http://librarianinblack.net/librarianinblack/ Develop a strong online presence
43. Michael Stephens on Twitter @mstephens7 http://twitter.com/#!/mstephens7 Be where students are
44. http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/systems/learnCom/buffalo.htm Actual jActual job
45. How Marketing & Outreach How do we find out what our users want out of the information commons? -Needs Assessments -Surveys -Focus Groups -Feedback and suggestion boxes -By talking to our patrons!
46. Marketing & Outreach <ul><li>How do we get the word out? </li></ul><ul><li> -Paid advertisements </li></ul><ul><li> -Word of mouth </li></ul><ul><li> -Partnerships with schools and community organizations </li></ul>
47. Feedback & Measuring Success <ul><li>How do we know we are serving our patrons needs? </li></ul><ul><li> -Watching how people use the commons </li></ul><ul><li> -Suggestion and feedback boxes </li></ul><ul><li> -Unsolicited feedback and complaints </li></ul><ul><li> -Usage numbers and trends </li></ul> Frequent feedback is key!
48. The Ideal Information Commons
49. What is a library? A place to learn outside the classroom. Leslie M. Haas, Director, Klarchek Information Commons, Loyola University
50. An Information Commons is…
51. a place for collaboration, connectivity and community University of Dayton in Ohio http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/PUB7102g.pdf
52. designed to support continued learning opportunities… University of Wisconsin Milwaukee http://annelizclark.net/about.shtml
53. promote impromptu gatherings …
54. provide individual places for quiet reflection … http://queensburycollege.com/
55. to provide a focal point on campus… Loyola University’s Information Commons
56. where the elements of meeting, collaboration, and discovery come together…