• Conquered by the Roman Empire.
• In 1492, Catholic kings drove out the
• Iliberis, Florentia, Elvira, Granata and
• Capital city of the Andalucía region along
the eastern end.
• Location: base of the Sierra Nevada
• 738 meters above the sea level.
-It is the most important monument
-Built for the last Muslim Emirs in Spain.
-The decoration: stiff, conventional foliage,
Arabic inscriptions, and geometrical
patterns wrought into arabesques.
- One of the most varied offers for cultural and
scientific leisure in Europe.
through the universe,
with a projection of
over 7.000 stars.
-Highest point of continental Spain,
Mulhacén at 3478 m.
-Sierra Nevada was formed during the
4) Carthusian monastery
-Before being built, it was a roman
-After that, it was the house of some
5) The Cathedral
-The Cathedral was built on the site of the
• Granada is known as Federico Garcia
• Festivals during all the year: music,
• University city.
Santa Fe piononos
Beans with ham
• Granada was conquered by Romans and
• It is located in Andalucía.
• Landmark: Alhambra, Science Park, Sierra
Nevada Mountain Range, Carthusian
• Fererico García Lorca was a very
• The most famous fruit is the granate.
1) Who is the most important poet to
a) Luis Rosales
b) Manuel Benitez Carrasco
c) Federico Garcia Lorca
2) The more important monuments are :
a) Alhambra, Giralda, Cathedral
b) Alhambra, Sierra Nevada, Cathedral
c) Alhambra, Science Park, Cathedral