View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Today’s Information Technology can helpan office to be more responsive, efficientand flexible in the face of continuous andrapid changes. Properly used informationtechnology will allow your organization tostreamline its processes and focus on itscore skills and abilities.
Who is a Secretary A secretary keeps an officerunning smoothly. Secretaries have a wide rangeof duties, depending on theoffices that they work for, but as ageneral rule, they are extremelyefficient and well organized.
Why you need a SecretaryHave taken on more responsibilities and areconstantly contributing to the success of theDepartment.They are not just doing paperwork and answeringphones; in fact both are relied upon for theircomputer and financial skills, and are responsiblefor many processes
Machines and Equipments – Modern Office 1. Laptop & Notebook Computers 2. Smart Phones 3. IP Phones 4. The Duplex Scanner
1. Laptop & Notebook ComputersA laptop, also called anotebook, is a personalcomputer for mobile use.A laptop integrates most ofthe typical components of adesktop computer.
2. Smart Phonesis a device that lets you maketelephone calls, but also addsfeatures that you might find on aPDA or a computer.Also offers the ability to send andreceive e-mail and edit Officedocuments, for example.
Smart Phones … Operating System: 1.BlackBerry OS. 2.Palm OS. 3.Windows Mobile. Software: A smartphone will offer more than just an address book. It may allow you to create and edit Microsoft Office documents or manage your finances. Web Access: A smartphones offer access to the Internet. You can use your smartphone to browse your favorite Web sites.
Smart Phones … QWERTY Keyboard: A smartphone includes a QWERTY keyboard, so the keys are laid out in the same manner they would be on your computer keyboard. Messaging: All cell phones can send and receive text messages, but what sets a smartphone apart is its ability to send and receive e-mail. Some smartphones can support multiple e-mail accounts. Others include access to the popular instant messaging services, AOLs AIM Yahoo! Messenger.
3. IP PhonesWhat is an IP Phone?An IP Phone is a phone that uses Voice Over InternetProtocol (VoIP) technologies.In the business world, your phone bill can get expensive.Constant calls to clients, faxes and more can cost you.That’s why these days more and more businesses areturning to IP Phones.
4. The Duplex ScannerThe Duplex Scanner scans and reads hard-copydocuments in half the time of regular scanners.It accomplishes this seemingly impossible feat byreading the front and backside of a document, at thesame time.Also operates much like a regular scanner.
Skills needed to a secretary Technology Skills Interpersonal Skills Writing Skills Organizational Skills Teamwork Multi-Tasking Skills Research skills
Necessary IT skills to develope 1.Application Software handling. 2. Desktop Publishing. 3. Effective use of Web tools.
1. Application Software handling Understanding Windows Environments. Word Processing (MS Word). Spread Sheets (MS Excel). Presentation Development (Power Point). Database Management System (MS Access). Graphic Designing.
2. Desktop PublishingDesktop Publishing is the useof the computer and softwareto create visual displays ofideas and information.Desktop publishing documentsmay be for desktop orcommercial printing orelectronic distributionincluding PDF, slide shows,email newsletters, and theWeb.
Knowing Knowledge WorkWere you ever taught to be a knowledge worker?
Knowing Knowledge WorkAs office automation continues to evolve, retraining andcontinuing education will remain integral parts of secretarialjobs.Changes in the office environment have increased thedemand for secretaries and administrative assistants whoare adaptable and versatile.Secretaries and administrative assistants may have to attendclasses or participate in online education to learn how tooperate new office technologies, such as Information storage systems. New equipments. The Internet. New updated software packages.
New Trends E-Govenence. Life Long Learning. Virtual Office Secretary.Use of Social Networks.
SummaryMany private business organizations have computers andother modern office technological gadgets. Somehowever do not have and this affected the productivity ofsecretaries in such business organizations. The skills ofthe secretaries in the use of technological gadgets arebasically portrayed in virtually all aspects of the workingenvironment in a modern business office.
Google-Docs (Web-based office suite) Create and share your work online. Upload your files from your desktop. Access anywhere: Edit and view your docs from any computer or smart phone. Share your work: Real-time collaboration means work gets done more quickly.
Google-Docs (Web-based office suite) We keep Same for our things we need documents
Google-Docs (Web-based office suite) If you need to send a document you can attached it into a e-mail