Google App Engine has added one more option in the ever growing list of virtualization and cloud computing possibilities available for Software developers. Apart from providing regular benefits of Virtualization and Cloud Computing, it also involves a significant shift in ways we have been used to developing, deploying and monitoring web applications. With Java support enabled, it has become a candidate for consideration while developing .
This session includes a presentation along with some demo applications and code walk-through.
Following is an overview of proposed agenda :
1. Google App Engine Overview
2. Deploying Hello World Application on Google App Engine
3. Data Manipulation
4. Google App Engine APIs
5. Java Developers Toolkit
6. Monitoring Deployed Applications
7. Quota Policies
8. Additional Features
9. Current Limitations
Take Away for the Audience
1. Awareness about an additional option for deployment and management of Web Applications
2. Technical overview about Google App Engine and it’s API
3. Java toolkit and IDE Support while using Google App Engine as platform