India Future Society (IFS)
and Future Day
March 1st, 2014
By, Siddartha S Verma
Co-Founder and Secretary (IFS)
B.Tech (CUSAT, India), M.Sc. (UWA, Perth), IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
List of Team members, Advisory board members and AuthorsFounder and President
Co-Founder and Secretary
Siddartha S Verma
Dr. Raghuraj Singh
Dr. Prabhat Verma
Advisory Team members
Dr. Aubrey de Grey
Dr. Ilia Stambler
Dr. James Hughes
Dr. Kim Solez
Dr. Natasha Vita-More
Dr. Miriam J.S.Leis
Jameson N. Rohrer
Chris T. Armstrong
Our website and social mediaIFS webpage- www.indiafuturesociety.org
Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/IndiaFutureSociety/
We are• Chapter of Humanity +
• Member of International Longevity Alliance (ILA)
Outline of this talk• Why India Future Society?
• Why future? Not past? Or present?
• What future holds? Future of?
• Past events
• Future Day
Why India Future Society?
• To spread awareness about future and emerging technologies for masses and use
of technology to expand human capacities.
An image showing Technology Review publishing about emerging technologies
• We focus on the practical aspects and benefit which can be obtained by studying
and working on this.
•We are a team of thinkers and highly qualified professionalscientists, engineers, entrepreneurs and authors, who work to define humanities next
Topics and technologies we write and think about-
Image showing different technologies for mind uploading
Simulated/ Virtual reality
Image showing different virtual environments and technologies
A gene (Double Helix Model)
Carbon and Graphene nanotechnology to revolutionize things
Radical Life Extension
around the World are
achieving this. One
prominent figure in this
field Aubrey de Grey
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
Researchers around the world are
working in this field and studying
The implications of this work.
Image shows the banner of a
conference organized in this area.
Picture of Ben Goertzel, an
eminent AGI researcher.
Future and Transhumanism Society exists all around the world, like Stanford Transhumanist Association,
Harvard College Future Society,
Cornell Transhumanist Society,
Los Angeles Transhumanists and many more around the world in countries like
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germ
any, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kosovo, Latin
America, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden and
Why Future? Not Past? Or Present?
• All the effort in research is driving us towards a better future
• We have more resources now to work towards a brighter world
• We have access to better and sophisticated technologies
• World is more connected, thanks to social media and digital communication
• We are at a critical point of time in Human evolution to have these
priviledges, moving towards a Technological Singularity (as Ray Kurzweil predicts)
• Tools which were accessible to few, are now access to wider range of population
• Future is what is most important
• Companies like Microsoft, General Electrics, Honeywell, IBM, Google, Facebook are all
working on cutting edge research and innovation which will bring miracles for the
• We have tools now to commercialize this emerging research and innovation market.
• More technology which was only to be seen in the research labs, are in hands of real
time users around the world.
These factors makes us to work for the future. India Future Society (IFS) is a small
contribution towards the same.
What future holds of? Future of?
Future holds of all the different possibilities arising from the emerging technology market and factors
listed in the earlier slide.
And much more…
3 D environments
IFS NGO Certificate
Society of Registrars,
Govt. of India)
Past events conducted by India Future Society (IFS)
A) Longevity Day, 1st and 5th October, 2013
Details of venue- Little Italy, Bangalore, India and HBTI, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Time- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
No of audiences- 10 and 15
Pictures of the event-
Group discussion, Bangalore
B.) Future Day, March 1st and 2nd, Ranchi and Kanpur, India
Group photo after the event.
All the audience were very
curious about the subject and
had lots of questions. The
principal of my High School
helped to get the news
published in a local newspaper.
Venue picture during the
The venue was well
arranged for all the
audience for comfortable
seating and total 40 – 50
people showed up.
• It is being organized in many countries this year- over 20 cities around the world likeUtah, Springfield, San Francisco, Columbia, Paris, Seattle and other places.
• It is a day to focus and celebrate the efforts of people around the world who
are working in their domains for a better future.
• Like Childrens Day (in India), Republic Day, Independence Day and many other national
holidays, if Future Day is celebrated as a Global holiday, it will be more effective.
• First Future Day was hosted in march, 2012 and the idea was given by AI researcher Ben
Goertzel and Humanity + organization is putting effort to make this happen. IFS is contributing for
• Other organization which endorse Future Day are- Foresight Education and Research Network
(FERN), Second Tree, Kororoit Institute, Open Cog, Amplify and others.
• Previous Future Day events have been held in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney), Asia (Hong
Alto, Washington), Brazil, Belgium (Brussels), France (Paris), Poland (Wroclaw), Virtual Reality
(Second Life), and many more places all over the globe!