View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
India-GlobalMarket Summary 04.06.2014
• The Sensex and Nifty were trading marginally in the red
dragged down by IT, TECk and oil & gas sector stocks amid
weak global cues.
• The 30-share Sensex ended down 53 points or 0.2% at 24,806
and the 50-share Nifty ended down 14 points or 0.2% at
• Hero MotoCorp, Hindalco, HUL, Tata Steel and Bajaj Auto were
the top five Sensex gainers, while the top five losers were TCS,
Bharti Airtel, RIL, Coal India and Infosys.
• Welspun Corp jumped 12.37% to Rs 96.75 after the Welspun
Group acquired 3.124% equity shareholding in the company
from MÜLHEIM PIPECOATINGS GmbH, a co-promoter of
Welspun Corp, at a per share price of Rs 85.25 per share.
• Market breadth ended positive with 2,125 gainers and 922 losers on the
• Maruti Suzuki rose 1.3% to end Rs 2373 on the BSE after recording a hike
in total production. The total production for May 2014 stood at 121,746
units as compared to 101,360 units for May 2013, representing a jump of
• National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has zoomed 9.9% to end at Rs 44.90 on
the BSE after posting a decline in net loss for the quarter ended March 31.
The company posted a net loss of Rs 9.8 crore in the quarter ended March
2014 as against Rs 107.04 crore in the year-ago period.
• Tata Steel and Steel Authority of India have extended their gains after
receiving clearance from the Odisha government on renewal of mining
leases. Tata Steel gained 2% at Rs 537 and SAIL ended up 5% at 100.
• International food prices increased by 4% between January and April
2014, mainly because of growing weather concerns and import demand,
says the World Bank’s.
• Bharat Electronics rose 1.28% to Rs 1,734 on BSE after the
company said its order book stood at Rs 23200 crore as on 1
• Orbit Corporation jumped 4.09% to Rs 24.15 IST on BSE after
Morgan Stanley Asia Singapore PTE acquired 1.09% stake in
the company through block deal on Tuesday, 4 June 2014.
• Trent rose 1.61% to Rs 1,060 on BSE after the company said
that UK-based Tesco has completed purchase of part of the
equity shares held by Trent in its wholly-owned subsidiary
• Most European stocks fell as investors awaited data on US
jobs and the euro zone economy before tomorrow’s European
Central Bank meeting. Asian shares were down.
Are you confused with savings and investment? Attend our webinar session
conducted on every Sunday from 11:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m and clarify all your
doubts in finance planning. Visit www.ifmaonline.com and enroll yourself
to take up training.
Free Internship Programme for the students with a background of
Finance and commerce, For more details, contact 044-32983431/
firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us at
www.ifmaonline.com, To Keep you updated with daily market
news, visit www.indiafinancebazaar.com
For students, we provide tailor made financial training upon the
college request. Contact email@example.com for
further details or call us at 044-32973431