• Indian stocks surged after a decline in international crude oil prices. As crude prices
dropped, concerns arising from the impact of high crude oil prices on India's
macroeconomic situation eased.. The market breadth indicating the overall health of the
market was strong. Indian stocks snapped four-day losing streak today, 24 June 2014.
Among the 30 Sensex shares, 26 rose and the remaining shares fell. Sensex garnered
1.35% to settle at 25,368.90 and Nifty garnered 1.16% to settle at 7,580.20
• As crude prices dropped, concerns arising from the impact of high crude oil prices on
India's macroeconomic situation eased. Brent crude oil futures extended Monday's losses
on reports that Iraq's army has regained control of the Baiji refinery in north Iraq from
Islamist militants. Brent oil futures for August delivery were off 11 cents at $114.01 a
barrel. The contract fell 0.6% to settle at $114.12 on Monday, 23 June 2014, the biggest
percentage drop since 16 May 2014.
• The recent spike in crude oil prices triggered by violence in Iraq sparked worries about
India's macroeconomic situation as India imports majority of its crude oil requirements.
Increase in crude oil prices raised concerns of increase in India's current account deficit
and fiscal deficit. Firm global crude oil prices and the latest hike in railway freight rate
also stoked inflation worries.
• In the foreign exchange market, the rupee edged higher against the dollar as crude dropped. The partially
convertible rupee was hovering at 60.1075, compared with its close of 60.20/21 on Monday, 23 June 2014.
• Finance Minister Arun Jaitley reportedly said today, 24 June 2014, that India needs to act now to fix the health of its
economy which is facing a challenging time. The comment comes just weeks ahead of the final Union Budget for
2014-15 which is likely to be tabled in parliament by mid July 2014.
• The under-recovery on high speed diesel (HSD) applicable for second fortnight of June effective 16 June 2014 fell
to Rs 1.62 per litre. This was Rs 2.80 per litre during first fortnight of June 2014 with effect from 1 June 2014. In
the case of PDS kerosene and domestic LPG, the under-recoveries for the second fortnight of June 2014 continued
to be Rs 32.87 per litre and Rs 432.71 per cylinder respectively, unchanged from the rates prevailing in the first
fortnight of the month.
• Media reports that the government may soon announce hike in natural gas prices lifted shares of gas production
firms ONGC and Reliance Industries (RIL). Gas utility stocks surged. PSU OMCs jumped as crude oil prices
declined and as the government's recent announcement of increase in railway passenger fare and freight rates raised
expectations that the government may take pro-reform measures such as deregulation of diesel prices.
• PSU OMCs jumped as crude oil prices declined and as the government's recent announcement of increase in railway
passenger fare and freight rates raised expectations that the government may take pro-reform measures such as
deregulation of diesel prices.
• PSU OMCs, effective 16 June 2014, are incurring combined daily under-recovery of about Rs 249 crore on the sale
of diesel, PDS kerosene and domestic LPG. This is less than Rs 262 crore daily under-recoveries during the first
fortnight of June 2014. The under-recoveries for the financial year 2014-15 are projected to be Rs 91665 crore while
the figure was Rs 139869 crore in the 2013-14.
• Power Grid Corporation of India said that the board of directors of the company approved two projects involving an
outlay of a total Rs 5551.84 crore.
• Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone said that, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone has completed the
acquisition of 100% stake in the Dhamra Port Company from L&T Infrastructure Development Projects and Tata
• Atul Auto rose 2.35%, with the stock extending recent rally triggered by the company's announcement that its board
of directors will meet on Thursday, 26 June 2014, to consider stock-split.
• European shares edged lower in choppy trade on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 after
data showed German business confidence declined for a second month in
June. Asian stocks edged higher on Tuesday, 24 June 2014, as utilities
advanced. Trading in US index futures indicated that the Dow could fall 32
points at the opening bell on Tuesday, 24 June 2014. Most US stocks slid on
Monday, 23 June 2014, with the Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropping for
the first time in seven sessions, as General Electric Co. led industrial shares
lower to offset gains among energy producers.
• German business confidence declined for a second month in June amid signs
of slower growth in Europe's largest economy. The Ifo institute's business
climate index, based on a survey of 7,000 executives, fell to 109.7 from
110.4 in May.
• Data on Monday showed US sales of existing homes climbed 4.9% to a 4.89
million annualized rate in May, the most since October. A separate report
from Markit Economics showed a measure of US manufacturing growth rose
to 57.5 in June from 56.4 in May
We mentioned below the links of our other services, feel free to
contact us for any other services requirement.
• Our Services
• Click here to read more on our site
• To achieve your financial success, we work with you
closely and friendly in a workable way.
• We structure your investment portfolio based on your
financial goal and manage in a prudent manner with
capital safety and aim to fetch a considerable tax free
return around 15% p.a.
• We also provide investment advisory services for managing the
investment portfolio (individual stocks, commodity, currency
investment, nifty futures, insurance and mutual fund investment)
on your own.