- UGAIM servers for creating opensim grids.
- Programmed in PHP. Based on Code Igniter (high
performance MVC Framework.
- Deployable on any PHP compatible http server (Apache,
- Modular and highly customizable.
- Cool interface.
- Open Source.
what is...? - UGAIM
Programs for allowing a group of opensimulator servers to
Users server (login/logout, users info...)
Grid server (region authentication, region info...)
Assets servers (textures, scripts, clothing...)
Inventory servers (user's inventory)
Messaging (user's presence, friend presence...)
what is...? - code igniter
PHP MVC (model-view-controller) framework for building
- Exceptional performance.
- Compatible with almost any commercial hosting (it's PHP)
- Database independence.
- Extremely flexible.
- Clear documentation.
what is...? - php compatible
- Programmed in PHP (>5.2.0)
- Can be deployed on almost any commercial hosting
solution (even shared hostings).
- Works with any PHP compatible web server.
- Uses web server advantages natively (clustering, proxies)
without touching core base.
- Works with MySQL, PostgreSql, Oracle, ODBC, MsSql and
what is...? - modular
- unga defines a modular core system.
- modules, servers, libraries and everything can be
“pluggable” into unga easily.
- modules can use each other to complete tasks.
- installation/uninstallation requires 2 clicks.
- AJAX: no more page
- Highly customizable only
retouching CSS files.
- Current UGAIM servers: independent programs running over
- Each one gets its % of cpu
users % cpu
grid % cpu
mono/.NET assets % cpu
inventory % cpu
messaging % cpu
- 5 processes: more overload on cpu, more machine
- .NET isn't completely free.
- No horizontal scalability, only vertical. No
- Unconfortable management (only text console).
- Monollitical servers.
- Expensive cost for simple http services (need one
unga modules: - Programmed in PHP
- assets - Built on code Igniter
- Using standard web
unga core server advantages
code igniter - CPU resources
php web server
managed by web
% cpu managed by web server
- Easy management from
an Internet Browser.
- Easy installation from a
- Not reinventing the wheel: a http server knows how to work
with http requests.
- Tested on Apache and LightHttpd.
- Knowing about Apache performance means knowing
about unga performance.