2. Preface: Immad@Heyzap.comThis is the best order to build your deck and retain good ﬂow: 1. Team 5. Distribution Strategy 2. Market 6. Business Model 3. Demo 7. Competition 4. Traction 8. Fund Raising Status
3. The Start: Immad@Heyzap.com• Who you are & what makes you extraordinary • What makes you the right person to execute this idea • 3 key points on each key team member e.g. 2006 -‐ Computer Science, Cambridge 2007 -‐ Founded/Sold clickpass.com 2008 -‐Founded Heyzap.com
4. Immad@Heyzap.com• Total size of market – more than $1bn is ideal • Major market trends • How the market is relevant to your idea • Put the investor in a multi-‐billion dollar market mindset
5. Immad@Heyzap.com• Do a live demo • Keep it simple, interesting and engaging • Showcase your products strength and diﬀerentiation.
6. The Middle: Immad@Heyzap.com• Graphs are the best way to convey traction numbers. • Pick the most relevant metrics to show growth. • Exponential or “hockey-‐stick” growth = investors dream e.g. Hockey-‐stick growth from twitter
7. Immad@Heyzap.com• What are your current user acquisi;on channels • How do those channels scale • New distribu;on channels to explore • Distribu;on is an exact science, you must have credible data to support each channel’s success
8. Immad@Heyzap.com• How will your business make money? • Should have some revenue forecasts backing it especially if you are not seed stage • Preferably have parts of the business model tested with data.
9. Immad@Heyzap.com• Can help demonstrate the size of the market • Reinforce your diﬀerentiating aspects • Ideally within the startups in your market you should be a market leader/top 3
10. The End: Immad@Heyzap.com• Spend 10 minutes + talking about fund raising • How much you are raising and at what valuation • Who were your previous investors • Who has committed in the new round • Go for a close if investor is interested
11. Epilogue: Immad@Heyzap.com You have now shown you: • Have a Great Team & have a great product • Have ability to executing in a large market • Are receiving amazing traction • Have a sustainable distribution strategy • Are going to make a lot of revenue • Are Superior than your competitors • Are Getting a lot of momentum in your fundraising