IMI statistics forRomania and DenmarkStudy visit in Denmark,May 27- June 1, 2013Alexandru-Ionut CHIUTARomanian PQ LIMICMethodological expert for the Ministry of National Education,IMI PQ NET Romania
Overview of the statistics1. Total number of IMI requests- Professional Qualifications- Services- Posting of Workers2. Number of requests managed by the Romanianauthorities3. Requests sent between Danish and Romanianauthorities4. IMI Performance Indicators used by EuropeanCommission5. Conclusions
Total requests 12190 9908 1063 1219in the IMI System Year PQ S PoW374 2008 374 1452 2009 1404 48 2017 2010 1836 181 2699 2011 2166 352 1814306 2012 3091 409 8061342 2013 1037 73 232
In the IMI module Professional Qualifications (IMI PQ), the competentauthorities of Romania have managed more than 1,700 inquiries from 7 March2008 until today. The previous tables show the total number of requests thathave been sent through IMI until 31.03.2013, using the modules of professionalqualifications (IMI PQ), Services (IMI S) and Posting of workers (IMI PoW).For IMI PQ there are 9908 requests in total, out of which 1086 (about 10.96% ofthe total IMI PQ requests) were managed by the Ministry of Health of Romania.Other 612 applications (about 6.18% of the total IMI PQ requests) were receivedor sent by other competent authorities in Romania. Thus, using the IMI PQmodule, Romania has managed so far 1,698 applications, representing 17.14%from the total.For IMI S there are 1063 applications in total, of which 45 requests weremanaged by authorities in Romania, representing 4.23% of the total requests forinformation on services.
In the IMI PoW there are 1219 requests in total, aut of which only onecompetent authority in Romania (Labour Inspection) managed by end March2013 a total of 181 applications, representing 14.85% of all applications onthe posting of workers.It may be noted the significant contribution of the Ministry of Health fromRomania to the information exchanges in IMI (the 1086 requests for IMI PQrepresent 63.96% of the total of 1698), meaning almost 9% of all IMI requestshave been managed over time by this authority for professions health.Overall, Romania managed more than 1924 IMI requests from the total of12190 requests registered in IMI by the end of March, which means that theauthorities in Romania have been involved in more than 15% of all requestsregistered in IMI.
Requests sent between Danish and Romanian authorities:61 requests for IMI PQ sent from Denmark to Romania,no requests sent yet from Romania to Denmark.Danish authorities requesting information:-Lægemiddelstyrelsen (2 requests)-Psykolognævnet (1 request)-Styrelsen for Universiteter og Internationalisering (5 requests)-Sundhedsstyrelsen (53 requests)Romanian authorities providing information:-College of Dentists from Romania (1 request)-College of Physicians from Romania (5 requests)-College of Psychologists from Romania (1 request)-Ministry of National Education (5 requests)-Ministry of Health (39 requests)-Order of Midwifes and Nurses (10 requests)
IMI Performance Indicators used by European Commission1. SPEED IN ACCEPTING REQUESTSin 2012: RO 81% of 549 requests (green card) vs. DK 76% of 38 requests2013 report: RO 83% of 725 requests (green card) vs. DK 79% of 42 requests2. REQUESTS ANSWERED WITHIN MUTUALLY AGREED DEADLINEin 2012: RO 65% of 549 requests vs. DK 66% of 38 requests2013 report: RO 72% of 695 requests vs. DK 70% of 40 requests3. ANSWERING SPEEDin 2012: RO 21 days (19 PQ, 12 SD, 30 PoW) vs. DK 18 days (19 PQ, 8 SD, 11 PoW)in 2013: RO 22 days (20 PQ, 14 SD, 33 PoW) vs. DK 18 days (18 PQ, 22 SD, 11 PoW)4. OVERALL PERFORMANCEin 2012: RO yellow card (1 green, 2 yellow) vs. DK yellow card (3 yellow)2013: RO yellow card (1 green, 2 yellow) vs. DK yellow card (3 yellow)
ConclusionsThe exchange of information in IMI between Denmark and Romania is mostlyrelated, until now, to medical professions and secondary school teachers.There are no requests for Services yet in IMI between the two countries.The average answering time of Romanian authorities is about 3 weeks, aboutthe same as is Denmark.Romanian authorities are involved in 14 to 17 times more IMI requests than theDanish authorities.
12Thank you!Thank you!Alexandru-Ionut CHIUTAMethodologic firstname.lastname@example.orgMinistry of National Educationwww.imipqnet.rowww.cnred.edu.ro/#Statistica-IMI-PQ