Geographyname: Nairobigeographic coordinates: 1 17 S, 36 49 E
Age 15Male: 90.6%Female: 84.2% Total
Kenya served as an important mediator in brokering Sudan's north-south separation in February 2005; Kenya provides shelter to almost a quarter million refugees, including Ugandans who flee across the border periodically to seek protection from Lord's Resistance Army rebels; Kenya works hard to prevent the clan and militia fighting in Somalia from spreading across the border, which has long been open to nomadic pastoralists; the boundary that separates Kenya's and Sudan's sovereignty is unclear in the "Ilemi Triangle," which Kenya has administered since colonial times Refugees and internally displaced persons: refugees (country of origin): 34,800 (South Sudan); 34,000 (Ethiopia); 11,500 (Democratic Republic of Congo); 6,000 (Sudan) (2012); 507,540 (Somalia) (2013)IDPs: at least 300,000 (2007-2008 post-election violence; the status of the estimated 300,000 IDPs from the 2007-08 post-election violence who found refuge in host communities rather than camps - and IDPs displaced through natural disasters, drought, development and environmental projects, land disputes, cattle rustling, and inter-communal violence - is not captured in Kenya's national database; in 2012, inter-communal violence displaced approximately 118,000 people and floods displaced an estimated 100,000) (2012) Illicit drugs: widespread harvesting of small plots of marijuana; transit country for South Asian heroin destined for Europe and North America; Indian methaqualone also transits on way to South Africa; significant potential for money-laundering activity given the country's status as a regional financial center; massive corruption, and relatively high levels of narcotics-associated activities
Penetration of online population 19.24%
The largest age group is currently 18-24 with total of 811 660 users, followed by the users in the age of 25-34.
2. A SIMPLECOUNTRYANALYSIS
4. 0 BC - Earliest Human Settlements Were there600 AD- Arabs begin settling coastal areas,over the centuries developing trading stationswhich facilitated contact with the Arab world,Persia and India.1944 AD - Kenyan African Union (KAU) formedto campaign for African independence. FirstAfrican appointment to legislative council.1963 AD - Gained independence from theBritish on December 12th.1944 AD - Kenyan African Union (KAU) formedto campaign for African independence. FirstAfrican appointment to legislative council.2006 AD - October - UN says some 35,000Somalis escaping drought, Islamist rule andlooming conflict have arrived in Kenyan campssince early 2006.2010 AD – Kenyan gets a new constitution.
6. Population: 41,609,728
7. English, Kiswahili &Indigenous Languages87.4% of Kenya is Literate (2010 est.)OFFICIAL LANGUAGES
8. Kikuyu 22%, OtherAfrican 15%, Luhya14%, Luo 13%, Kalenjin12%, Kamba 11%,Kisii 6%,Meru 6%, Non-African 1%ETHNIC GROUPS
9. RELIGIOUS GROUPS
12. UHURUKENYATTASince 9, April 2013@UKenyatta
13. 1. Kenya is a Republic.2. Kenya’s legal system is amixed legal system of EnglishCommon Law, Islamic Law,and Customary Law.
15. $76.07 BillionGDPReal Growth Rate of 5.1% (2012 est.)
16. KenyanShillings (KES)per US Dollar -$85.82
17. IMPORTChina 15.3%, India 13.8%,UAE 10.5%, Saudi Arabia7.3%, South Africa 5.5%,Japan 4%machinery andtransportationequipment, petroleumproducts, motor vehicles,iron and steel, resins andplasticsEXPORTUganda 9.9%, Tanzania9.6%, Netherlands 8.4%,UK 8.1%, US 6.2%, Egypt4.9%, Democratic Republicof the Congo 4.2% (2011)tea, horticultural products,coffee, petroleum products,fish, cement
20. 1. ICT2. POWER
23. 53% of Kenyan’s AccessSocial Media on there Phone$200 Million wasspend in 2011 on ads372% Increase in KenyaFacebook users over the lastyear
24. 1.Uhuru Kenyatta1.2.3.
25. Facebook Users
27. ReferencesWorld Bank. (n.d.). Kenya . Retrieved fromhttp://www.worldbank.org/en/country/kenyaCIA World Factbook (n.d.). Kenya . Retrieved fromhttps://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ke.htmlSocial Bakers. (n.d.). Kenya . Retrieved fromhttp://www.socialbakers.com/facebook-statistics/kenyaKens Blog (n.d.). Kenya social media stats. .Retrieved fromhttp://www.mark.co.ke/2011/03/firefly-kenya-social-media-statistics-scangroup-digital-approach-kenya/