Case Study: "Audience Development & the New Storytelling"
Lizzie Bennett Diaries By The Numbers
• 160 in world videos across 5 YouTube Channels
• 9.5 Hours of Total Video. The longest video
adaptation of Pride and Prejudice
• 35 social media profiles across Twitter, Facebook,
Tumblr, Pinterest, LOOKBOOK, and many more
• 750,000 total social media reach
• 40+ million views across YouTube
• $462,000 raised on Kickstarter
• 90% females/10% Males
• 70% females under 25 (of Total Audience)
The Lizzie Bennet Diaries presents story over 12 months across several character timelines.
Lizzie’s story is told across her channel, twitter, and tumblr. Her
timeline follows the beats of Pride and Prejudice. If you want
Pride and Prejudice as a video diary, just watch Lizzie’s channel.
Gigi doesn’t even meet Lizzie until month 10. Her story is told on
Twitter exclusively for the first 10 months before finally appearing on
the main channel. Afterwards she is spun off onto her own channel.
Lydia’s story is told through twitter, tumblr, and Lizzie’s channel. But
whenever she spends a length of time physically away from Lizzie,
she makes videos on her own YouTube Channel so that we can
follow her story. Ancillary Story
The Business Numbers
Purpose: Presale a DVD
• Asked for $60,000 – Raised $462,000
• 5,800 DVD box sets at $55.
1) Advertising (YouTube Adsense)
3) Affiliate Marketing (integration)
4) Re-packaging of existing content to an
alternate format (DVD)
5) Conversion and expansion of story into
an alternate format (Novelization)
The Interactive Multi-platform property with 5 revenue streams.