• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
The Cookie is Crumbling: "Audience Recognition Crisis in Mobile"
 

The Cookie is Crumbling: "Audience Recognition Crisis in Mobile"

on

  • 530 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
530
Views on SlideShare
501
Embed Views
29

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0

3 Embeds 29

http://www.imediaconnection.com 27
http://content.imediaconnection.com 1
https://twitter.com 1

Accessibility

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    The Cookie is Crumbling: "Audience Recognition Crisis in Mobile" The Cookie is Crumbling: "Audience Recognition Crisis in Mobile" Presentation Transcript

    • Solving the Audience Recognition Crisis in Mobile James Lamberti, GM and VP of AdTruth Ed Chater, VP of Media Operations Somo Ltd.
    • Audience Recognition Crisis Today, Marketers are blind to 40% of their audience. For the remaining 60%, cookies last only 4 days on average. Firefox is evaluating blocking (30% of desktop traffic globally) 3rd party cookies. Apple’s Safari does not support 3rd party cookies. On mobile phones and tablets, (50% of today’s Internet traffic) cookies don’t work. Sources: comScore, Business Insider State of the Industry Report March 2013, AdTruth Research and Analysis 2
    • Privacy Concerns are GrowingCncerns are Growing 72% of Smartphone users are more concerned about their privacy on smartphones than one year ago Source: TRUSTe Privacy Index 2013 Consumer Confidence Edition 3
    • There is a Path Forward 4
    • How Device Recognition Technology Works Anonymous Data Points are Gathered Recipe Engine Client Side Collector Server Side Library DeviceInsight ID 40 character SHA1 hash ID 6881A07F9903AACE1B5BA88162673FDC1DB0DA4E OBA OPT-OUTS DNT:0, DNT:1 5
    • The Right Approach: Privacy by Design No Personally Identifiable Information (PII) NO Tags Data Secure Client Controlled NO Data NO Residue Probabilistic Anonymous Identifier Privacy by Design On-Premise Solution 6
    • Probe Carefully! Recognition vs. Fingerprinting Device Recognition NOT “Device Fingerprinting” – Flexible Design – Limited Access and Collection – Non-Invasive, Passive Observation – Recognize, NOT Permanently or Uniquely Identify 7