The Road to
Happiness & Success
Presentation by I M CONFIDENT Niagara Canada
Created by Brenda Silveira
What is self-esteem?
A term used in psychology to reflect self-worth
It measures how you feel about yourself
You can have good esteem or bad esteem
Esteem helps people make choices and resolve
• Your esteem will reflect the type of life you have
Is self-confidence the same as
No, they are similar but have a distinct difference.
• Self-confidence is how others see us on the outside.
We may be able to speak or do something very well
and this is shown by our confidence in our abilities.
• Self-esteem is how we see ourselves on the inside.
We know how we feel and this does not always show
on the outside.
• We can be confident in our abilities but not have
good esteem about how we look
Why is it so important to have
Good esteem will help us:
• Know we are imperfect but we can still like who we are
• Feel comfortable with how we look
• Build good relationships
• Have a positive perspective on life
• Try new things and risk making mistakes
• Have confidence in our abilities
• Helps us find happiness and success
Where do we find esteem?
• We are not born with esteem
• It is something that we learn from the
environment around us
• Comes from how others treat us and from how we
• It can be developed at any age and doesn’t matter
how difficult life has been
How do we develop esteem?
1. Do an honest self-evaluation – learn who you are by
taking a journey through your past and discovering
the real you.
2. Learn self-acceptance – Become aware of your
strengths and weaknesses and accept your
3. Improve your self-image from the inside out –
create a more positive perspective and be
comfortable with how you look
The journey to happiness and
• Surround yourself with positive people, places and
• Do acts of kindness for other people or volunteer
for a local organization.
• Take some classes or courses that will help you
learn how to overcome your insecurities and fears.
• Try Confidence Coaching
What is confidence coaching?
• It isn’t… therapy, consulting or counselling
• It is … a process of teaching and helping
clients learn to find solutions to problems by
building confidence and increasing esteem.
What will Confidence Coaching
do for me?
• Help you identify situations where you lack
• Help you build confidence and increase esteem
• Help you accept your imperfections
• Help you develop a more positive perspective
• Help you improve your self image
• Help you set realistic goals
• Help you build better relationships
Where can I find Confidence
• I M Confident Niagara Canada offers
Confidence Coaching for girls and women in
• Information on Coaching sessions can be
found at www.imconfident.com
NOT IN NIAGARA
Try building esteem yourself
with my Caterpillar to Butterfly
Workbooks can be ordered through
my website at
or you can downloaded a copy