Question:CS – Creative SuiteAdobe's 2003 "Creative Suite" rebranding led to Adobe Photoshop 8's renaming to Adobe Photoshop CS
with the Extended having extra 3D image creation, motion graphics editing, and advanced image analysis featuresQuestion:2D vs. 3D - 2D and 3D refer to the actual dimensions in a computer's workspace. 2D is 'flat', using the X & Y (horizontal and vertical) axis', the image has only two dimensions and if turned to the side becomes a line. 3D adds the 'Z' dimension. This third dimension allows for rotation and depth. It's essentially the difference between a painting and a sculpture.
Photoshop Elements targets photography enthusiastsPhotoshop Lightroom is ideal for professional and amateur photographerPhotoshop Express a free web-based image editing tool to edit photos directly on blogs and social networking sitesPhotoshop Mobilein 2011 a version of Photoshop Express was released for the Android operating system and the iPhone
a raster graphics image, or bitmap, is a data structure representing a generally rectangular grid of pixels, or points of colorVector graphics is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygon(s), which are all based on mathematical equationsEPS - Encapsulated PostScriptPNG - Portable Network GraphicsGIF - Graphics Interchange FormatJPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
Menu Bar is the main control of the program. This can be used to turn on or off any of the rest under window and view. Options Bar is where the tool options will appear when you select a tool.Toolbox is where your basic interactive and manipulative tools are selected. The options for each tool will be located on the option bar. Image Window is where you will see the image you are working onInfo Bar- at the bottom of the screen will be info about your file.Palette well- your brush engine and file browser are hidden there. They will only appear if window is wide enough.Palettes- the individual palettes for controlling many options on your image such as layers, channels, history, etc.
On choosing the photo to be cartoonized, choose a clear and sharp photo with the face of the person clearly seen. Blur, out of focus, or under-exposed photo is a bad choice. The larger the resolution of the photo is the better
(To rename a layer, right-click on the name in the Layers Palette and select Layer Properties). We will keep the original photo (the 'original' layer) intact in case something ''wrong' happened in our cartooning activity and need the original picture.
The value for 'Detail' depends on the picture. Most of the time a value of '2' gives the best result
Next, we will apply some shading to give depth to the picture and then colorize it
On the 'Color Picker', pick a creamy brown color. This color will be used for the skin color. (I picked #FAD594 for the skin. You don't need to be too picky here. We can change the color easily later whenever we need to).
(I picked #B24747 for the shirt. You don't need to be too picky here. We can change the color easily later whenever we want to).
Transcript of "Adobe photoshop"
AdobePhotoshopProf. Richard Santos
Adobe Photoshop is a graphicsediting program developed andpublished by Adobe SystemsIncorporated
• In 1987, Thomas Knoll, a PhD student at the University of Michigan began writing a program on his Macintosh Plus to display grayscale images on a monochrome display
• This program, called Display, caught the attention of his brother John Knoll, an Industrial Light & Magic employee, who recommended Thomas turn it into a fully-fledged image editing program.
Step 1: Preparing the Canvas1. Open the original photo in Adobe Photoshop
2. On the Layers Palette, drag and drop the background layer to the New Layer button to duplicate it. Rename the new layer to original.
3. Lock this layer (click the lock all button ), and turn the visibility of this layer off.
4. Double click the background layer. Click OK.
5. Create a new layer. Rename it into background. We will use it as background layer for our cartoon photo. Fill it with orange using Paint Bucket tool.
6. Move the layer to the bottom. Now our layers will look something like this:
Step 2: Removing Unwanted Areas of the PictureTake the Pen Tool, create a patharound the object (Rihanna for thiscase), load path as selection (ctrl +Enter), inverse the selection (ctrl +shift + i), cut (del), then deselectthe selection (ctrl + D).
Step 3: Creating outline of the picture1. Copy the Layer 0 layer (drag and drop it to the create a new layer button). Rename it to outline.
2. Menu: Image :: Adjustments :: Shadow/Highlight...Click OK.3. Make sure color palette is black for the foreground and white for the background. (Press d if theyre not).
4. Turn the picture into outline using photocopy filter. menu: Filter :: Sketch :: Photocopy...Set Detail to 3.Set Darkness to 8.Click OK
5. Turn the outline into solid black lines. menu: Image :: Adjustments :: Threshold... Click OK when youre satisfied with the result.
Thats it. Now were done with the outline.Heres the result so far..
Step 4: Coloring the Skin1. Select the outline layer. Press Ctrl-Jto duplicate the layer (or drag and drop itto the create a new layer button).Rename the new layer to white.
2. Lets make this layer pure white. Choose menu: Image :: Adjustments :: Brightnness/Contrast... Move the Brightness slider all the way to the right (+100) and the Contrast slider all the way to the left (-100).
3. Drag the white layer below the outline layer.
4. Change the blending mode of outline layer to Multiply.
5. Press d to set the foreground color to black and background color to white.
6. On the Layers Palette, select the white layer.7. Click the Create new fill or adjustment layer at the bottom of Layers Palette. On the popup menu, choose Solid Color.... A Color Picker dialog box will be displayed. Click OK
11. Create a clipping mask between skin layer and white layer. Press Ctrl + G while the skin layer is still selected.
12. On the Layers Palette, click on the outline layer while holding (pressing) the Ctrl button. This will tell the ants to march around Rihanna. I mean, this will put a selection mark around Rihanna.
13. Press x to switch foreground and background color
14. Choose Paint Bucket tool , click inside the selection on the canvas to fill it with white.15. Press Ctrl + D to deselect the selection area. And were done coloring the skin
Step 6: ColoringFor our Rihanna picture, we needto colorize her shirt (tank top?),lips, teeth, eyes, and hair
1. On the Tools Palette, choose Paint Bucket Tool (or press G).2. Press d to set the foreground color to black and background color to white.
3. On the Layers Palette, select the skin layer.
4. Click the Create new fill or adjustment layer at the bottom of Layers Palette. On the popup menu, choose Solid Color.... A Color Picker dialog box will be displayed.5. On the Color Picker dialog box, pick a dark red color. This color will be used for the shirt. Click OK
6. Now we have something like this7. Click on the canvas to fill our shirts layer mask with black color.
8. Rename our new layer to shirt. And now we have something like this.
9. Create a clipping mask between shirt layer and skin layer. Press Ctrl + G while the shirt layer is still selected.
10. Repeat step 4 through step 9 to make layers for the color of lips, eyes, iris, and hair. By the end of this step, our layers will be like this:
11. Now that weve done preparing the layer for each color , we can start coloring each part of the picture. Lets start with the hair. From the Tools Palette, pick Pencil Tool (or press B).
12. On the Layers Palette, select the hair layer.13. Make sure the foreground color is pure white. (Press X if you have to switch foreground and background colors).
14. Start painting the hair. Use a hardbrush with the opacity set to 100%.Make sure that you zoom in whencoloring, so that it is nice and tidy.
15. Now lets move on with the nextlayer, the iris. On the Layers Palette,select the iris layer. Repeat steps 13through 14 to paint the iris
16. The eyes (the white part of theeyes) and teeth (for they have thesame color, which is white)...
And anytime you feel the need tochange a color of any layer, justdouble click the layer (not thelayer mask!) and choose a newcolor on the Color Picker. Veryeasy.Thats all!Were done cartooning thephotograph.