Be the first to like this
1st Stakeholders Meeting Morocco Research Advance in ICT for Water (MoICT) project. at faculty of Sciences and Technology in Fez on 23rd April 2012.
This meeting is first of series of targeted event concerning stakeholders’ mobilization. As part of MoICT project, this meeting is financed by grant agreement for coordination and support action under Seventh Framework Program FP7.
This event aims to set up a cooperation platform with private sector and enhance collaboration with policy makers to gather inputs for development of directions for competitiveness and innovation in the fields of ICT for Water.
The objectives of this first one day stakeholders ‘meeting were:
- To engage dialogue between public and private water institutions and researchers interested in ICT and Water sector;
- To take stock of the conclusions of the Innovation forum on water and innovation organized by MIRA in December 2011;
- To discuss current situation of water resources management in the Mediterranean region especially in Morocco;
- To promote the MoICT project by displaying its objectives, activities and its consortium represented by mix of expertise in water research, ICT and strategic capacity building.
Besides, this event was also an opportunity to MoICT project’s partners to gather and collect data and information which shall be used under following WPs:
- To gather inputs to draft Guidelines and Recommendations for ICT4Water in Mediterranean region;
- To identify the needs for capacity-building and to define a comprehensive plan for training programs;
- To analysis of innovation needs and capacities in USMBA;
- To use the meeting’s outcomes as basis for USMBA development strategy.