1. Optimize WP for socialnetworks and search with plugins and code WordCamp Jerusalem Sept. 12, 2011
2. Table of Contents• Custom Tab in Facebook with WP• Open Graph• Yoast SEO• Twitter: Tweet and Get it
3. Greg Rogers of Pictela: “Nielsen says people visit 2.9 sites a day, and one of them is Facebook.”- Source: eConsultancy
4. Create custom tab1. Go to http://facebook.com/developers2. Give Developer permission to access your profile.
5. Create an app1. Click on Create New App2. Choose a name for your app. This is what will appear on the link to the tab.
7. Page settings• Canvas Page - URL for the app you are creating. This will become the URL for the Facebook app that will appear in your iFrame.• Canvas URL - The actual page on your server with the content to appear in the iFrame. Secure version optional• Same for Tab name and URL
8. Add to Page• Now click on View App Profile Page. Here’s our test: http://www.facebook.com/apps/appli cation.php?id=242524409112358• Click on Add to My Page
9. Choose page to add to
10. Claim your domain• Insights Dashboard - https://www.facebook.com/insights/• To access the number of Send button impressions, messages, and referral clicks sent to your site.
11. Add tag to header code on site
12. Facebook admin ID• On http://www.facebook.com/insights/, click on Insights on top-right• App ID can be used for Like button
13. Required Open Graph• Og:type = activity, business, group, organization, people, places, products, entertainment, websites• Og:URL = URL of object• Og:title = title as will appear in fb• Ob:image = URL of primary image, at least 50x50 px• Fb:admins or fb:app_id = A comma-separated list of the user IDs or• Application IDs that have permission to access and change information about your site. To manage multple users, use an Application ID• Og:site_name = name of site/company/brand
14. Important Open Graph• Og: description = one or two sentences describing the object, is what makes something seem click-worthy
15. Open Graph on siteAdd this to opening <html> tag:xmlns:og="http://ogp.me/ns#"xmlns:fb=http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbmlLooks like this:<htmlxmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"dir="ltr" lang="en-US"xmlns:og="http://ogp.me/ns#"xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
16. Yoast’s SEO plugin adds Facebook meta data• Yoast’s SEO plugin has an option to add Facebook OpenGraph meta data to the site.• To do this, go to SEO > Indexation and select the checkbox that says Add OpenGraph meta data:
17. Check whether OpenGraphdata on site is ok with Linter
18. Get people to “buy” your content with a tweet
19. Really flexible social icon plugin
20. illumineahttp://illuminea.com ▪ http://wpgarage.com@miriamschwab ▪ http://facebook.com/miriamschwabSlides available at http://illum.in/ourpresentationsTHANKS!