2. This is the handout of my TALK at ilive2013Convention on May 10th 2013 in Riga.It is a reminder! If you didnt attend theEVENT in person...…it might be Difficult for you to fullyunterstanD this Comic. If so, feel freeto contact me and ask me to explain.DD@DIETMARDAHMEN.COMThe digital DAys conference was upand running. I only had 18 Minutes.There was no time to waste...Never before was technology acceptedso fast!from 0 to 1 Billion i 8 years!1Hi, my nameis DietmarDAhmen andtoday, here inRiga...… Im going totalk about the futureof MARKETING. WE ALLKNOW THAT ONE-WAYMARKETING IS passé. THECUSTOMERS TODAY ARE USED TO2-WAY COMMUNICATION. OWNED ANDBOUGHT MEDIA ARE GOOD….BUTEARNED MEDIA IS MUCH MORERESPECTED. USERS RELY ON 10+ SOURCESWHEN BUYING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE. WEARE JUST ONE SOURCE. WE NEED TO BERELEVANT!Also,THE WAY WE COMMUNICATETOTALLY CHANGED. MOBILE DEVICESARE PART OF OUR LIVES. WE HAVEOVER 6 BILLION MOBILEPHONES…AND over1 BILLION SMARTPHONES!
3. 2Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013Now-ism is very powerful.We reached 1Billion phones injust 6 Years.Everything gets newfaster… but that meansthat everything getsold faster.So our life is NOW!Young people live inthe NOW!There is even a namefor it: NOW-ISM.Now-ISM isemotional.
4. 3Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013This changesthe way we work. Theway we shop. The way welive. The new targetgroup is called:generation connected.Generation connectedis not aDemographic.every MOMENT oftruth is NOW. When youexpect it…like on yourwebsite… and when youDONt expect it… like atthe superbowl. Bewhere the customeris…. and CONNECT!
5. 4Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013Generationconnected Changesmarketing! G.C. killed the CON-SUMER. REMEMBER: CON…is theOPPOSITE! The CON-sumer doesthe Opposite of what thebrand does.We now have a PRO-SUMER. ThePro-sumer does what the branddoes..only even more effective.
6. Pro-sumers LOVEconnectivity. Betweenthem and the brand,between dEvices, withindevices. Connectivty is adiscriminatingAdvantage5Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
7. 6THis changes Branding: A brand todayis a FUNCTION… ideally an entireoperation system.Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
8. You can pick a car. Car # 1 has a CD-Player and is orange.Car # 2 has a CD-Player, Leather upholstery, A/C anda Navigation system. The color of car #2 is black.Which car do you pick?LETS DO AQUICK TEST:7No. 1: fameThis totaly changes advertising…. Ad-vertising is still very important… itcreates FAME.SIR JOHNHAGGERTYDietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
9. Oh yeah… Car # 1 is aPorsche.and car # 2 is a LadA.Ad-vertsing works evenbefore you bUY theProduct. Its all aboutimage and Fame.Ad-vertsing is Ultraimportant. But if youstop thinking aboutyour customer right atthe point where he/shebuys your product, youare missing a keybehavior of mostpeople today. Beforeyou buy, you check whatother people whoALREADY bought theproduct think about it.This is reflected inamazon stars, tripadvisor pictures etc.Ad-vertising works inbought media.Use-vertising works inearned media.RELEVANce-FACTOR No. 2….8Fame makes brANdS attractive.Fame makes brands stick ouT!We recEIve over 6000 messagesa day…and remember only 27!Fame is a good way to be THOSErememberED. So, in Ad-vertising,creating fame is the mainchallenge. Ad-vertising kickstartS …. but it is not the end ofthe story!Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
10. Use-vertising is verypowerful. It is createdby people who HAVE alreadyused the product or service.86% of GENERATIONconnected does this! It iscommunicated via earned media. Nocompany should ignore use-vertising! allow people toexperience the product or serviceat its best and share the goodnews with others.One tip: offer service beyondthe expectation of yourcustomers! THis ranks No 1.with optimizing NetPromoter Score - oruse-vertising.9Welcome toLevel 2:use-vertisingImagine youare going to seea movie. Movie # 1has Johnny Depp ,Cameron Diaz, RusselBRand and Olivia Wilde.Movie # 2 has no one youknow.Ad-vertising says youllsee Movie No. 1.But that movie only got1 star from itsViewers. And movieno. 2 has 5 stars!!!!What would youdo?Ad-vertising givesyou a head start…but use-vertising makes the deal.People trust people much morethan advertising. We can notinfluence use-vertising directly.BUT We can make sure that ourcustomers can be vocalabout our brand.Research on tipping PROOFS:the unexpected Extra pieceof chocolate scored Ultragood.Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
11. 10RELEVANce-FACTOR No. 3:Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013My-vertising uses individualpreferences, individualinformation, individual behavior. Itputs the consumer in the centER ofthe communication- Individualizeyour content.
12. 11The solution: digitalanticipation!What is a coolroom?WE HAVETO KNOW WHAT THEYwant!RULE NO 1KNOW YOUR CUSTOMERKnow the sites s/he looked at, theproducts s/he bought, thearticles s/he clicked on to read.If S/he watches Halo games onyoutube… buys southparktshirts… reads articleson Call of duty... a"cool room" is...individualizeyour content!Websites do this…mobile can do ITEVEN better!IMPORTANT: know the digital history ofall channels! Unite your departments!NO-LINE dominates.Whats cool to you, must not becool for me! Cool is individual!Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
13. nike fuel band revolutionized this even more!Web 2.0 is about to become a part of us…..literally!Always connected.Always monitored.always ready to share what we do … and think… and feel… and buy.web 2.0 keeps revolutionizingour lives. KLM recentlyintroduced social seating, whichallows you to choose the personyou´d like to sit next to on aflight by matching your Facebookprofiles. The fiat MIO in Brazilwas the first crowDsourced car.And Mobile apps, SUCH AS THEAPP"Opinionated", help us decidewhat to buy - even when ourfriends are physically not with US,Digitally they are right there.12After web 1.0 came web 2.0Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
14. Web 3.0 upgrades us to super humans. Time and spacebecomes irrelevant. Physical Limits are eliminated. Weare everywhere. We see everything. Apps are the keyto Web 3.0. Web 3.0 is Ultra mobile and thus addslocation based Services to "the web". This makes theweb both more space neutral and more local- bothwith mayor implications!The input is no longer limited to keyboards. Voice isinput. Pictures are input. Cloths are input. Web 1.0was about search engines. Web 3.0 is about find-engines. Web 1.0 was about "the others". Web 3.0 isabout "Me". Web 3.0 is Your butler. YOur secretary.YOur spy. You are the new digital superpower. Themaster of Your personal Universe.13The dEvices are disappearingweb 3.0 blows everything createdbefore right off the cliff!Better thanthe coolest Spy:APPS Enable us tohave Ears & EyeseverywherE! allthe time!Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
15. 14Web 4.0 isjust emergingnow. It is abouttotaltransparency.Take a photo of aproduct and youknow whatS IN iT ,where to buy it,And/ or where tobuy it cheaper.We already havetransparency of products…prices…ingrEdienTs… companies…customers…..gender….age…location…time…temperature….weather…preferences…emotions…moods…EVERYTHING!And this is just WHAT WE KNOWNOW!Dietmar Dahmen ilive 2013
16. 15THE NEXT BIG THINGAFTER THAT WILL BE WEB5.0. EVERYTHINGEVERYWHERE WILL BEONLINE. CARS WILL BEONLINE. LIGHTBULBS.KEYS. Today you book atalk at a restaurant withthe Concierge. tomorrowyou will talk to THEtable. The table will beonline. I CALL THIS STAGEOF THE WEB: "DIGITALDUST" the "facebook ofthings".This will allow for "Smartproducts". pRODucts will comewith added features. A smartguitar will know how good youplay… and might even teach younew songs and/or recommend /Connect you to other musiciansin your neighborhood, so thatyou can start a band. A smartcamera will point out greatsights for you to photographnear your current location…ortell you about visuallyinteresting events - dependingon your taste of photoopportunities . SMART CONTENTwill make products moreinteresting - AFTER you boughtthem (use-vertising!)DietmarDahmenforilive2013allrightsreservedConnectiviy is goingup! That is the Trend! itwill happen : with...orwithout you!