1. Excellent Customer Service from Sainsburys When replying to this customers letter, Sainsburys couldn’t have known that it would be shared around the world with 20,000 other people. Whether this was just as a brilliant PR stunt or not, it shows some excellent customer service. A young girl wrote a letter asking why tiger bread had such a unique name. Instead of being tossed in the bin, somebody within Sainsburys spotted a brilliant PR opportunity and replied with a lovely letter and a gift card. The letter has over 50,000 comments, has been shared over18,000 times, and essentially has become a brilliant user generated advert for the brand that money cannot buy.
2. The Buddy StampTurquoise Cottage is a popular bar in NewDehli, India. To make clear that they do not justsupport fun and drinking, but also responsibledriving, they changed their entrance stamp into abuddy QR-stamp, which helped people through thenight..
2. The Buddy Stamphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2dWGqB19Y
3. Snickers – a Savage focus group this Snickers spot from BBDO imagined the worlds most savage focus group—four sharks whove been invited to a little human taste-testing session!"OK, so which one tasted better?" asks the wonderfully peppy focus- group leader, as she points to photos of a man and woman. The sharks hilariously choose the guy because, before they ate him, he had just eaten a Snickers Peanut Butter Squared bar, presumably making his flesh delectably rich and tasty. The concept, sick and twisted, is brilliant. But the genius is in the details.
3. Snickers – a Savage focus group http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0Gsn4khss
4. Tropicana – Fake SunRemarkable stunt from Tropicana. Last week at 6.51am a fake sun was lit at Trafalgar Square as part of the Tropicana’s Brighter Mornings campaign. The sun is30,000 times bigger than a football, has a surface area of 200m2 and weighs over 2,500kgs. Its internal light source produces the equivalent of 60,000 lightbulbs, making the artwork visible from space, so they say.
5. Bueller, Bueller, anybody?So, this mysterious Super Bowl teaser popped up on YouTube onFriday, with Matthew Broderick reprising his role as FerrisBueller, 26 years after his fateful day off. Says the YouTube blurb:"We hate to be such a tease, but on a day like today, we just haveto. Stick it out until the Super Bowl, or take a day off on Mondayand catch the big reveal. everyone thinks its a teaser for a sequelto the hit flick "Ferris Buellers Day Off" however, apparently Hondaare doing a Ferris Bueller-style ad for the Super Bowl starring noneother than Matthew Broderick.the spot was going to mimic much of the original film, except thistime prominently featuring Hondas. The big jump the two valets doin Camerons dads Ferrari? We hear this time its going to be aHonda CR-V.