1. Cadbury crowdsource designers To extend the longevity of the Cadburys apprentice task, dairy milk have crowdsourced designers to create a new wrapper for the bar….there are five finalists and you can vote online for the winner who will bag €10,000…great interactive website as well!
2. Cheer up top up Vodafone launch their after Christmas campaign to get the country to cheer up. Using Facebook, twitter and flickr, people are asked to upload photos with the theme “cheer up”- it bears a nice anti-recessionary message, and also gives one lucky soul €3000 for their troubles.
3. Advertising inside Google Street View Google is looking to take advantage of existing advertising space inside the virtual world of Google Street View. The company has recently filed a patent to automatically cut out billboards inside street view and replace them with new ads.
4. Burger King Bourbon Burger King restaurants in Japan are transforming into a kind of nightlife destination with their latest offering. Designed to compliment their Bourbon Burger, the chain is serving up highballs of the American made, but hard to find, Four Roses whiskey. At ¥350 a glass (or ¥500 with the burger), it’s a reasonably priced alternative to standard bar prices.
5. Red Cross Text campaign Text Message campaign in the US raises over $5,000,000 for Haiti earthquake, this figure continues to grow. Very simple metric – donate $10 by texting “Haiti” to specified number and reply to confirmation text – that’s it! Brilliantly simple and effective!
5. Red cross raise $5million Text message initiative – text $10 to 90999
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.