1. Google launch inexus Google has launched its first mobile phone handset, called Nexus One! The phone appears to present a direct challenge to Apple's iPhone. Unlike the iPhone, Nexus One can run multiple applications. However it odes not support multi-touch functionality that the iPhone has (for making things larger or smaller on the screen).
2. $25,000 for Best Mc Ds Singer With a global network of potential superstars, McDonalds has integrated the American Idol concept into its internal marketing model. Through ‘Voice of McDonald’s’, employees of all ranks and all locations are given the opportunity to compete for a $25,000 top prize, and the chance to sing at an industry trade show. Music industry professionals choose 30 semifinalists from audition videos submitted by McDonalds employees, and the final 12 singers are chosen by McDonalds fans voting online.
3. Polaroid employ new Creative Director Polaroid have announced a strategic partnership with Lady Gaga , naming her their Creative Director of specialty products. The multi-year union of the iconic brand with one of today’s fastest rising and fashion forward stars seemed like a good move for Polaroid, noting what a close relationship Lady Gaga has with her fans.
4. Germany innovate newspaper market BERLIN - German company Niiu has launched a personalised web-to-print newspaper service aimed at young readers. New revenue stream for who are struggling to compete with online counterparts. Berlin residents can now select which pages of content they'd like to fill their own 24-page newspaper from a selection of 17 daily newspapers – BOTH NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL. The paper can be customized with a name and colour. €1.20 for students per issue and €1.80 for everyone else, with an introductory offer of three free issues. And there lots of other cool customization you can do!
5. Twilight To promote the twilight book series, red dots were stuck on the necks of people in advertising billboards, adshels and posters essentially turning them into vampire victims. On closer inspection the red dots were actually advertisements for the Twilight series!
5. Twilight Wear it around your neck & see your life improve!