• There is a Parador. This Parador is in a imposing castle, whose construction commencing in 1437. It was the former residence of the Dukes of Feria, one of Spain’s great families. Parador de Zafra. The spectacular façade of this castle / palace shows its importance in the fighting period in which it was built. Nine battlement towers in the walls guard the grandiose interior which still has the original beautiful coffered ceilings. There are large chests, ironwork, handrails and several other decorative details which belonged to the former palace. The elegant and spacious bedrooms which in the past had Hernan Cortes, a controversial Spanish conquistador in the early 16th century, as a guest. Outside the seasonal swimming pool sits is in the well cared for garden.
• There are two squares: Plaza Chica: In this square is the Arquillo del Pan. Our anteccesor used the Arquillo del Pan for measure the clothes, the thongs, etc.
Plaza Grande• There is a park. This park is very big, it´s name Parque de la Paz. Parque de la Paz Plaza Grande
• There is a tower, it name is Suarez de Figueroa to request Torre de Candelaria. Until the bull to Pope Alexander VI to mid-sixteenth century, the convert the old synagogue original church of Santa Maria parish Zafra, and converted de la Candelaria de Zafra into a church, you get bull in occupied with his cemetery 1500. However, it is known annex what is now the Plaza that the former continued Grande de Zafra, there being using medieval also at least to no data about the time of its 1546, and in a state of construction or whether apparent ruin and progressive. suffered or not major changes, but what we do know is that it was a small church in a way that the holidays parishioners were beside her, besides her condition was not ideal. This led to the Second Count of Feria, Gomes II
• There is a arc, its name is Arco de Jerez. The Arco de Jerez de Zafra is the only door that remains as such in the wall that had started in 1426 to build the first Lord of Feria, Gomes I Figueroa. Applies to the western gate of the former village of Zafra and takes its name from the beautiful town of Badajoz Jerez de los Caballeros. On the bow stood a chapel whose owner is the Virgin of Charity, but the city known as Chapel of Christ of Humility and Patience, devotion popular image that the Sun cabbages Santo procession through the streets of the old Zafra . In the face draw attention extramural images of the patron saints of shoemakers guild and foot Castilian, a unit of measurement. Like any building or public work, throughout his long existence has undergone many modifications and restorations. The photo, left, shows the arc of Jerez as it was in the early twentieth century by his face outside the walls, which overlooked the Campo del Rosario.
• The Puerta del Cubo in Zafra, is one of the gateways into the wall, to see the old town of the city. Seeing it is clear why his name, as the defense tower next to it, has a "bucket". Stresses the niche with a sculpture of Santiago Matamoros that can be seen in the tower.
• The current building occupies the dependencies, the enclosure makes former premises of the Dominican the teacher Francisco Montiel in 1580 convent of Our Lady of the and the play ends in 1590 with original Incarnation, or Mina, convent founded traces of the convent altered, in 1528 outside the walls of the town, resulting in an original church in this but very close to the north gate of area. the wall (Puerta de Badajoz). It was built on land donated by the Dominican Convent of Santa Catalina de Zafra under the patronage of Mrs. Mary Manuel Figueroa, legitimized daughter of Gomes II Suárez de Figueroa, II Conde de Feria and Countess of Medellin by her marriage to Juan Portocarrero, II Conde de Medellín. The work went on for quite some time, so much so that in 1544 the chancel of the church was only begun and almost nothing had been built monastic
• There is a convento de Sta Clara. The and another Mudejar (XVI). The convent of Santa Clara de Zafra is cloister with arches and galleries home to the Museum of the same arches and other outbuildings name, dedicated to the history of the complete the picture. city and of the Poor Clares who inhabit since its founding. The monastery of Santa Maria Valley was founded in 1423 by Mr. Fair I, Gómez Suárez de Figueroa, who is buried in it in a gothic alabaster tomb. The set of buildings and structures presents a chronological ranging from the fifteenth to the eighteenth century. The church has a rectangular plan, a nave with a barrel vault with flat head (XVII). It has a chapel, a sacristy, choir of nuns, the funeral chapel of the Dukes of Feria and two porches, one classical (seventeenth century)
• There is a hospital, its name is Hospital de Santiago. At the bottom of a dead end street hospital found the cover showing a lavish decor that blend the elements and other forms Mudejar Gothic language from the final. In the niche can be a painting depicting the salutation of the Archangel Gabriel, the original property invocation. Founded in 1438 by Lorenzo and Maria Manuela Suarez II when it was first mansion in Zafra. It was the seat of the Holy Brotherhood of Charity. The building is still conserved, made in time of the second count of Feria, is built around a square courtyard of Moorish taste, which occupies the northern wing of the chapel.
• Zafra Cattle Fair. Cattle market considered the most important in Europe and probably the world. From the moon to the fire. The penultimate week of June, coinciding with the feast of San Juan. Easter. One of the most unique festivals in southern Extremadura.• Carnivals. Highlights this holiday carnival the Bacanal de la Grasa(Carnival Sunday), feasting on party Iberian pork products irrigated with good wines and lives in the arcaded squares. Also noteworthy: the Carnival Monday crumbs that are made in the Plaza Grande and give attendees and burial of the sardine,where grilled sardines are distributed among those present. In recent years this famous comeback Saturday of carnival, in which participation is massive.• San Isidro. The weekend closest to May 15. Stresses the popular Garbanzá, where Extremadura cooked rations distributed to all participants. Pilgrimage of Our Lady the Virgen de Belén. It is celebrated on the Sunday after Easter (Quasimodo) with events in honor of Virgen de Belén and procession of it by surrounding the shrine. The day before the afternoon zafrenses depart from the city in a procession to the Capilla de Belén, just outside of it. Along with Fair San Miguel is the most popular festival of Zafra. Fuelligah of Sacaliño (Castua phrase meaning Footprints Art).
• In the first week of August, in the Plaza Grande, the city held a Festival of six-day organized by the Chorus and Dance Group of the Castellar,. Zafra City Council and the Federation of Folklore Extremadura, in order to preserve the traditions of our land (Extremadura), where you can enjoy live performances by folklore regional, national, and international theater.