1. HANDBALL MAIN RULES POSITIONS DURATION AND RESULT SANCTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS HANDBALL SPANISH NACIONAL TEAM - MASCULINE
2. Handball is a contact sport than is played by following a set of rules, called game official rules which are changed every four years. This sport is played with a special ball, where two teams of seven players (six players field and a goalkeeper) compete for scored goals in the other goal. The team that has scored the biggest number goals in the match is the winner; if both teams score the same number of goals, then it is declared a draw. The players try to get the ball using the individual control of it, passing to the other players of his team or throwing to the rival goal, than is defended by a goalkeeper. There try to enter the ball into the opposing goal with shots. Other team players will try to recover control of the ball, by intercepting passes or blocking shots with his arms and hands.
3. The most important rule is that the players can’t touch the ball with their feet. Physical contact between players is continuous, but is subject to some restrictions.
4. Handball is a contact sport where using hands and arms, without grasping, to block the opposing teams attack, but is never allowed pushing, whatever. These offenses are punished, except those which are a scoring chance, which are punished with a throw to 7 meters.
5. The rules don’t specify any other position players, except the goalkeeper, but over time have developed a number of positions in the rest of the field. Now, we can identify five playing positions: pivot, lateral, end, center and goalie.
6. The match length is 60 minutes, divided in two periods of 30 minutes. The result may be a victory for each of the teams, or draw. For teams of young people between 12 and 16 years is two times of 25 min, and the age between 8 and 12 years of two times 20 min in both cases the rest will be 10 min.
7. Ifthe game is tied at the end of the regular player time, extra time is played after 5 min of rest to determine a winner. The extension period is two times of 5 minutes each with one minute rest in between. If after the first period of extra time the tie is still dispute a second period of extra time after 5 minutes of rest. This second extension also consists of two halves of 5 minutes with one minute rest. After if the match follows tied is decided by shots to seven meters.