1. When you create a list, you should have it uniform in terms of listings nouns, actions, etc.
2. I took photographs of the following: ◦ 2 photographs of the broken window where the suspect entered ◦ Three photographs of the desk with the broken lock and 1 of the latex glove left on the floor I took photographs of the following: ◦ Two photographs of the broken window where the suspect entered ◦ Three photographs of the desk with the broken lock ◦ One photograph of the latex glove left on the floor
3. Wrong – 1. Four Digital Photograph Print- Outs Right – Four digital photograph print-outs
4. Only capitalize proper nouns. In terms of lists, this is usually just the correct names of forms.
5. Wrong – 1. Two Digital Photograph Print-Outs 2. Copy of MSP Form 62 Right 1. Two digital photograph print-outs 2. Copy of MSP Form 62
6. Wrong – I dusted the two bags of Doritos for finger prints but no prints were recovered. Right – I dusted the two bags of Doritos for fingerprints but no prints were recovered.
7. Wrong – The victim has been made aware of his right and the case status. Right – The victim has been made aware of his rights and the case status.
8. Wrong – Six Polaroid photographs Right – Six instant photographs Right – Six digital photographs
9. Wrong – Fingerprints on gas pump were made for identification purposes. Right – Fingerprints were lifted from the gas pump for identification purposes.
10. Wrong – Each and all events occurred in Carroll County. Right – All events occurred in Carroll County, Maryland.
11. • Wrong – The Capitol Wireless Integrated Network that is installed into our patrol laptops allows police officers to load pictures from the driver’s license, I brought up the picture of the suspect, Mr. Johnson, and it was confirmed that he was the man that committed the theft by the victim and witness.• Right – I brought up the picture of the suspect, Mr. Johnson, on my laptop, and both the victim and witness confirmed that Mr. Johnson was the man who committed the theft.