Rate the Thesis
Choose the best arguable thesis
Right to Die
• In spite of the laws on the books, people have a
right to die when and how they choose.
• People who are suffering from a terminal illness
have the right to die a dignified death at their own
• People who help terminally ill patients die with
dignity should not be prosecuted.
• People who smoke marijuana for medical reasons
should not be prosecuted.
• Marijuana is not that bad a drug; it should be
made legal in the United States.
• Because of its documented benefits, regulated
medical marijuana should be legal in the United
• The United States has enough people; the
borders need to be closed to any more
• The United States needs to control immigration,
so that citizens from all countries have a fair
chance of making it into this country.
• We need to control immigration to secure our
borders and protect our unity.
• America's public schools are neglecting the
• The underlying problem in the schools is that
many students are disengaged from learning, in
large part, because of what they are taught and
how they are taught.
• You get what you pay for, and too many schools
are starved for funds. Public schools are expected
to turn out high-achieving students, but many
school systems are forced to operate on a
• We have made progress on environmental
protection, but we can't let up now.
• Because a safe and sound environment is the
precondition for human life itself, environmental
protection must take precedence over other public
• We certainly should protect the environment, but
we need to take a careful look at the laws we
have put in place to see that they are not costing
us too much in money or jobs for the benefit we
• Science thrives –- and humanity benefits –- when
researchers are free to pursue knowledge and follow the
trail of its discoveries, wherever they may lead.
• Human life is sacred and should not be treated as just
another laboratory in which to conduct experiments.
• By manipulating genes, we will be "playing God" and
attempting to circumvent the laws of nature that govern
• Scientists should learn how to treat diseases using stem
cells and gene therapy. But they should never try to
"engineer" the genes of future generations.
• The underlying problem is that American society is too
lenient with violent criminals, thereby encouraging
• The United States has a serious crime problem because it
is a harsh society. Unless we recognize corrosive social
and economic forces that lead to criminality and take
serious measures to address the causes of crime, we are
unlikely to lower the rate of violent crime.
• As a nation, we have relied increasingly on harsh
sentences and incarceration as the punishment of choice
for most offenders. What we have chosen to overlook is
that most offenders emerge from prison more dangerous
than they were before.