1. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Website Usability Audit Home Website types Corporate Sites Transactional SitesDefining Objectives What your team The first step towards conducting a usabilityCompetitor Analysis provides us audit is to establish what the site is for? And how Customer Focus you measure success on the site Basic Planning What you get After conducting a Usability Audit, we offer youDesign & Aesthetics a detailed actionable report with Content recommendations that will enable you to Development improve your key performance indicators Testing & Hosting Other services We also design usable site structures including sitemaps, process flows & technical wire-frames Last Updated: March 20, 2013
2. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Defining Objectives Home Clear definition of Which customer groups will the website be users and their targeted at?Defining Objectives needs What product or service information needs to be highlighted?Competitor Analysis Will the website be used to sell or promote Customer Focus products? Basic Planning Will the website be used to perform customer- support related tasks?Design & Aesthetics Will the site provide after-sales service? Content How will it add and deliver value to customers Development What special features and functionality will the customers need? Testing & Hosting Will a foreign language site version will be necessary for overseas markets?
3. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Competitor Analysis Home Rating the We do an extensive analysis of competitor sites competitor websites on the followingDefining Objectives parameters:Competitor Analysis • Loading time of home page • Design & Layout Customer Focus • Content menu Basic Planning • Product and service pagesDesign & Aesthetics • Any unique services or features offered • Customer Help Content Development Analysing which all technologies are Features & Testing & Hosting necessary or useful for the current Technologies website and should be incorporated
4. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Corporate Sites Home Key Menu Following are the key information areas which Items should be incorporated in a corporate website:Defining Objectives •Brand awareness •CredentialsCompetitor Analysis •Investor relations Customer Focus •Employment •Contact Details Basic Planning •Company HistoryDesign & Aesthetics •Manufacturing facilities Content Target visitors …Keeping in mind the following types of visitors: - Development •Suppliers •Customers & Potential customers Testing & Hosting •Investors •The Press •Prospective candidates for employment
5. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Transactional Sites Home Complete We do a thorough research on customer information on the information requirements before placing anDefining Objectives product or service order online. Hence, all online transactional being sold sites should provide all the possibleCompetitor Analysis information of the product or service they are Customer Focus selling. Some are as follows: - Basic Planning product features, photographs, price, special promotional offers (if any), warranty,Design & Aesthetics replacement policy, mode of delivery and Content approximate lead time after placing the order. Development Testing & Hosting Security, Authenticity Any e-commerce enabled website should have & Payment Options secure payment gateways and multiple options of payment I.e. Credit Card, Cheque / Demand Draft, COD (Cash on delivery) etc.
6. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Customer Focus Home The Audience Websites represent online corporate office of any company. It not only caters to the needs of variedDefining Objectives customers in different markets and segments but also the needs of employees, suppliers, shareholders, andCompetitor Analysis other associates and institutions with vested interest in Customer Focus the company. Basic Planning Customer needs We help you identify the different customer segments and desires and suggest on their information requirements whichDesign & Aesthetics should be on the website. [Microsoft.com & dell.com Content are some of the best sites for customer focus] Development Product / Companies with wide range of products, should Services Range design the website around the product / services Testing & Hosting range, where it is difficult to devise separate sections for customers. For overseas customers, a foreign language website may also be considered.
7. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Basic Planning Home Selection of Domain We help you select an appropriate domain Name name, which would enable customers toDefining Objectives readily identify with the organisation and the type of industry it is in. The thumb rule is toCompetitor Analysis keep the name short and easy to remember. Customer Focus Basic Planning Create Cross- A good website is putting the capabilities of Functional teams the whole organization for display. Hence, allDesign & Aesthetics departments must brainstorm together to make Content the site more functional and user-friendly. Development Involve Customers Getting feedback from customers using a Testing & Hosting simple questionnaire asking them for their comments and advice on the current site as well as their future requirements.
8. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Basic Planning Home Timetable and The organization needs to decide on the level budget of features and interactivity such as:Defining Objectives Catalogues DatabasesCompetitor Analysis Search Engines Customer Focus Order placement capability Basic Planning Merchant accountDesign & Aesthetics The more the website features, the more the Content time and expense to incorporate them. Development Testing & Hosting
9. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Design & Aesthetics Home Design Consistency The layout , type and depth of information reflects a great deal about the company andDefining Objectives how it has approached Internet. We design your website suitable to your brandCompetitor Analysis value and strikingly attractive to get visitor Customer Focus attention. Consistent design and appealing Basic Planning visuals are important for one to make an impact.Design & Aesthetics Design Consistency refers to the use of Content predefined formats for page layouts, menus, Development graphics, titles and buttons which appear throughout the site and which are important Testing & Hosting for user identification and familiarity.
10. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Design & Aesthetics Home Navigation The names of the links could clearly tell the visitor, what he can expect out on clicking thatDefining Objectives link. Further link names should be strategically placed so that any new user could also navigateCompetitor Analysis the site with effortless ease. In other words, the Customer Focus website should provide them with “signposts” or Basic Planning markings to let them know where they are.Design & Aesthetics The home page is the most important page of any Content Home page website, as the visitor might view or leave the site, Development Design based on its design appeal and content. We help you make your home page effective, simple and Testing & Hosting straightforward.
11. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Design & Aesthetics Home Do it yourself - 1. Keep the design as simple and uncluttered as Website design possibleDefining Objectives tips 2. Follow a 40:60 rule, with 40% text and 60% white space / images.Competitor Analysis 3. Avoid including very large images / graphics Customer Focus as they take time to download. Basic Planning 4. Follow the rules of logical navigation – use “home” and “top of page” button liberally, soDesign & Aesthetics that the visitors don’t feel lost in the site. Content 5. Avoid using too many colours – Use only two Development to three dominant colours for the website as a whole Testing & Hosting 6. Avoid using flashing or blinking text and icons, which distract the users.
12. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Content Home Adding Value Content on a corporate website seeks to create awareness and appeal. The ultimate aim is toDefining Objectives create visitors interest so as to lead an online or offline transaction. Content is not onlyCompetitor Analysis about attracting eyeballs but is meant to add Customer Focus value for an audience. Basic Planning We also help clients in content developmentDesign & Aesthetics so that the company’s physical operations, Content policies, values and mission are reflected in Development the site using appropriate text and imagery on the site. Testing & Hosting
13. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Content Home Commonly used Group Profile / Company Profile terms / links for a Mission statementDefining Objectives corporate Factory / plant details website Product Range / details with photographsCompetitor Analysis Quality and ISO 9000 / Quality control facilities Customer Focus ISO 14000 Certification / Environmental facilities Basic Planning Contact / help / FAQs Shareholder InformationDesign & Aesthetics Press Room / Newsletter Content Customer / Client List / Customer Development recommendations Links Testing & Hosting What’s new Careers / Recruitment Interesting facts
14. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Development Home For any large website project, development should be done by professionals so that itDefining Objectives brings in the best practices used in websites, as well as adequate customization for the specificCompetitor Analysis project. Customer Focus Graphics Basic Planning Catalogue Facility A typical website catalogue will consist of product images and descriptions as well as theDesign & Aesthetics necessary software to process order and Content payment transactions. Development Testing & Hosting
15. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Testing & Hosting Testing is critical to making sure that the website Home performs as planned and that no bugs or errors exist.Defining Objectives Checks to Some of the necessary checks / tests that need to be conduct performed before hosting:Competitor Analysis •Browser / Operating system compatibility. Customer Focus •Screen sizing and resolution •HTML codes and syntax Basic Planning •Navigation and logicDesign & Aesthetics •Spelling and grammar Content •All Hyperlinks work •Acceptance of customer data and input validations Development •Customer access to back end data Testing & Hosting •Verify order placement / acceptance activities •Verify order processing activities and other miscellaneous features.
16. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Testing & Hosting Home Hosting vendor When choosing a hosting vendor, we always selection check whether they provide the following: -Defining Objectives High availability The industry standard is 99.999% uptime and 24 X 7 online and offline support.Competitor Analysis Security systems Latest firewall and encryption techniques to Customer Focus guard against hacking and virus attacks Basic Planning Email Accounts Total number of free email accounts offered and charges for additional ones.Design & Aesthetics Additional server A 5 – 50 MB space is generally sufficient for a Content space standard site, but in case it requires more, Development check for the additional costs of the same. Web log report Log reports or hit reports available or not Testing & Hosting Scalability and Check whether they can provide additional upgrade services to manage a bigger / complicated / requirements sophisticated website.
17. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Tests after hosting Home Page Download Slow downloads or loading of a page can get speeds the visitor uninterested about the site.Defining Objectives Spot and random checkingCompetitor Analysis Customer Focus Basic PlanningDesign & Aesthetics Content Development Testing & Hosting
18. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Rajesh K Kishanpuriya Home Rajesh K Kishanpuriya (firstname.lastname@example.org), Managing Director, Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P)Defining Objectives Ltd is an MBA in Marketing from Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad with a consolidatedCompetitor Analysis marketing experience of more than 15 years. Customer Focus Basic PlanningDesign & Aesthetics Content Development Testing & Hosting
19. Website Usability Audit Ideazfirst Marketing Services (P) Ltd Site Map Home Home Defining Objectives Corporate SitesDefining Objectives Competitor Analysis Transactional SitesCompetitor Analysis Customer Focus Customer Focus Basic Planning Basic PlanningDesign & Aesthetics Design & Aesthetics Content Content Development Development Testing & Hosting Testing & Hosting