1. THE PRESIDENT’SMESSAGEI would like to commend the organisers of theMeet the Entrepreneurs (MTE) Charity Concert andthe entrepreneurs who have participated in thiseffort for their spirit of giving, volunteerism andhard work, in particular the entrepreneurs whohave performed at the concert. I am heartenedto note that the funds raised will go towards ClubRainbow to help our children with chronic andlife-threatening illnesses, and to Dignity Kitchenwhich provides hawker training for the disabledand disadvantaged in our community. I hope manymore in our business community would follow theirexample and give back to society through varioussocial responsibility initiatives and other efforts. President Tony Tan Keng Yam
2. DIGNITY CLUB KITCHEN’S RAINBOW’S MESSSAGE MESSSAGE Dignity Kitchen was started with the objective of helping the The Council and Staff of Club Rainbow would like to thank all disabled and disadvantaged to gain employment or to establish the entrepreneurs involved in organizing this unprecedented their own small business, with the hope that they will have a MTE Charity Concert. It is truly heartening to see so many reasonable standard of living. Starting out in October 2010, we entrepreneurs work tirelessly in a labour of love for charity. The face many challenges as a hawker training school cum food court funds raised from this event is a testimony to the hard work, is a relatively new social entrepreneurial concept. In the course of dedication and commitment poured into this project over the the last one year we are very fortunate to have the members of past few months. MTE to help us overcome these challenges. The Rainbow Children struggle each day to cope with their We thank MTE and its members for all the kind assistance and individual illnesses and overcome its debilitating effects to lead we look forward to your continual support and guidance. as close to a normal life as possible. The staff and volunteers of Club Rainbow know, meet and love the Rainbow children and their families and have seen firsthand the adverse effects of congenital heart defects, blood disorders, liver problems, rare genetic diseases, neuro-muscular disorders and other chronic illnesses on their psychosocial, physical and mental well-being. Club Rainbow is committed to providing comprehensive, holistic support services to families of children suffering from a range of chronic and life-threatening illnesses and their families including financial, psychosocial, educational and social outreach. We would like to express our heartfelt appreciation to allKoh Seng Choon Gregory Vijayendran donors and supporters who have contributed to this event. Your Founder President contributions will play a big part in helping to improve the lives Dignity Kitchen Club Rainbow (Singapore) of the Rainbow children and their families. For those who have taken precious time off your schedule to attend the MTE Charity Concert. we hope you will enjoy the performances today and have a wonderful evening. On behalf of our more than 500 Rainbow Children and their families, the Council and Staff of Club Rainbow thank all of you for your care.
3. PRODUCER’S MTE LOGOMESSSAGE EXPLAINEDI had a dream of having a personal music concert for myself sinceyoung, but when I realised that I could make a concert moremeaningful by engaging more people to embark on a course ofgiving back to society, I took action immediately.The monthly MTE entrepreneur sharing session that started 2years ago has been a very good platform to meet like-mindedpeople that provided the drive and energy for this concert. Westarted MTE Charity Concert with a 5-entrepreneur band sixmonths ago and it just kept growing and growing, materializingthe faint blur that was the vision at the start.I have always believed that giving back to society is the backboneof the spirit of enterprise, and I thank you for letting me realisemy dream of organizing something of this scale. Once again, Ithank you all for your contribution in making this concert a hugesuccess. The Logo is formed by the three letters, M, T, and E. This is an abbreviation for “Meet The Entrepreneurs”. The logo embodies the qualities of resilience; To stand tall and lean, and always getting back up again after falling down. This is the essence of entrepreneurship.Roger Koh The logo describes the three stages of an entrepreneur’s journey. The first pillar on the left till the middle of the M signifies the Learning phase. The upward slope from then on signifies the second phase, Earning. Finally, the third phase, Returning, is shown by the T and E letters raised on the platform. MTE entrepreneurs believe that they should always give back to society and only then does entrepreneurship come full circle. The platform is taken from the Yi Jing (易经). It comprises two sub-symbols of ‘DUI’ (兑). It signifies that entrepreneurs (君子) encourage conversation on common platforms and enjoy the stimulus of learning from one another.
4. THE BENEFICIARIES About Club Rainbow (Singapore) About Dignity Kitchen The charity was set up in 1992 to provide a range of Dignity Kitchen aims to return the dignity to the disabled comprehensive support services for the families of children and disadvantaged through vocation with passion. It started who suffer from major chronic and potentially life-threatening in October 2010 as Singapore’s first hawker training school illnesses. By working closely with KK Women’s and Children’s for disabled and disadvantaged people. In this competitive Hospital (KKH), the National University Hospital (NUH) and Singapore society, the handicapped and elderly are the neonatal ward of the Singapore General Hospital (SGH), disadvantaged when they try to find jobs. Dignity Kitchen Club Rainbow presently helps more than 500 children and gives job training and placements to these people so that they their families. can have hope for a better future and a better life.Children in Club Rainbow range from newborn babies and youths up to the age of 20 years. They Dignity Kitchen operates as a food court, allowing the public to experience and interact with ourrequire frequent visits to hospitals for treatment, complicated therapy and long-term medication. students just like at other regular eating places. Dignity Kitchen believes in enhancing educationalOn the recommendation of their respective doctors, these children are referred to Club Rainbow for value both from the inside-out and from the outside-in, as we train our students to serve the public infollow-up support. a real setting and at the same time letting the public get used to handicapped people servicing them when they come to dine at Dignity Kitchen.A holistic approach is taken in helping our Club Rainbow children and their families in the 5 coreaspects: - Emotional Support - Educational help - Social Support - Financial Assistance - Informational SupportWe offer a vibrant array of free services to our beneficiaries in the 5 core aspects including homeand hospital counseling; centre, hospital and home tuition; befriender services as well as educationalseminars. Our centre at NUH has a variety of resources available for parents and their children. Theseinclude books, board games and educational computer games.Club Rainbow (Singapore) is a charitable organization that relies solely on donations from compassionatecorporations and kind-hearted individuals to support us in our mission. We are a registered societyunder the Registry of Societies, a registered charity with the Commissioner of Charities, a full memberof National Council of Social Services and accountable to the Ministry of Health (the charity s SectorAdministrator). The IPC status given by MOH enables Club Rainbow to provide tax-exempt receipts forall monetary donations received.
5. THE BAND BEHIND THE SCENEThe initial plan for the MTE concert was a band performance, with about 20 songs performed by theband comprising Benny Se Teo, Jimmy Wong, Roger Koh, Willy Lim, and Sam Wong. However, as moreand more entrepreneurs added their efforts to the cause, the team has now expanded to a size of 40people. This gave way to more possibilities for a variety of performances and the culmination is the finalproduct that you will see today. Here we have a few pictures of the earlier practice jam sessions with theband doing their first song - 新不了情
6. THE ENTREPRENEURSROGER KOH
7. THANK YOU ENTREPRENEURS FORYOUR VALUABLE CONTRIBUTIONS YOU MADE THE DIFFERENCE
8. FOSTERING RESPONSIBLE ENTERPRISE FORGING RESPONSIBLE SOCIETY
9. FEATURED SPONSORSWe at, Kirei Japanese Food Supply, have always prided ourselves in providing the freshest and finest Wealth Directions Pte Ltd, founded in 2010 with the aim ofJapanese produce to our customers amid Singapore’s ever-increasing demand for quality Japanese food helping the public increase Financial Awareness and ultimatelyproducts. achieve Financial Freedom. With the vision of “Helping 1 Million People Achieve $1 Million…. At least”, Wealth Directions currentlyDistributor for a wide range of Japanese premium food and liquor brands, Kirei carries a large variety promotes Financial Education programs related to Stocks andof products including dry, frozen food items and Japanese liquor like sake, beer and shochu. Property as well as Personal Finance in general.Air-flown fresh items are also handled which arrives twice weekly from the world famous Tokyo Tsukiji We strongly believe that the need for Financial Education in themarket. 21st century is no longer an option, but an essential for every responsible individual. Long gone are the days where one canWe currently supply to a wide range of customers in the Food and Beverage industry, comprising blindly rely on financial planners, fund managers and stockof hotels, restaurants, caterers, supermarkets and bars. Much emphasis is made to provide the best brokers to provide accurate and sound investment advice all theservice and quality to our customers, through strong operations management and a dedicated team of time. And without sound Financial Knowledge, we risk ourselvesapproachable and well trained staff. to fall prey to scams and fraudulent business models. Wealth Directions achieved over $1 Million in sales turnoverFor Sales and distribution enquiries, please contact us at: during its first year of operations and currently have close to 2,000 graduates that have graduated from its programs.Address: No. 13 Jalan Kilang Singapore 159413Office : +657792128 At Wealth Directions, we believe that with the proper FinancialFax: +6567796471 Education, everyone will be able to filter out unsound investmentEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org proposals and make informed decisions for themselves to ensureWeb: www.kireifood.com.sg they accumulate sufficient resources for their retirement years ahead.Kirei is on Facebook! Please visit us at www.facebook.com/friends.of.kirei Our philosophy is as long as you are willing to be trained, we are willing to educate you!
10. FEATURED SPONSORS Serangoon Gardens Country Club A Heritage to be Proud of. A Privilege to Belong.Established in April 1993, BBX has the largest Trade Exchange Network in the world, currently operatingin ten countries with more than 15,000 business members and over 250 staff. In Singapore, BBX ismanaged by Barterxchange (S) Pte Ltd in a collaboration agreement to enable growth and international Established since 1955, Serangoon Gardens Country Club (SGCC) is a premier country club offering itstrading opportunities. members a suite of facilities from food and beverage, entertainment to sports. The Club also boasts a range of banquet facilities, including a ballroom with a seating capacity of 500pax suitable for privateBBX is a credit and debit card system that enables businesses to access a variety of goods and services and corporate events for both members and the public.in a less competitive market place offering a range of financial benefits. Using a currency known asBBX trade dollars, BBX allows members to increase sales, create cost savings and improve the general Located in the heart of Serangoon Gardens, SGCC is a members’ club and owns the 999-year leaseholdfinancial performance of their business by taking advantage of under-utilized capacities that exist. land that it sits on. Memberships available include transferable ordinary and corporate memberships as well as term memberships. For more information on SGCC, please visit www.sgcc.com.sg.BBX mission is to deliver a GLOBAL CASHLESS PAYMENT PLATFORM that is fair and highly profitableto all BBX members and at all times be socially responsible. BBX focuses on major partnerships with MTE would like to thank Serangoon Gardens Country Club(SGCC) for sponsoring the venue of the MTEnon-profit organisations in every country. This provides non-profit organisations with a secondary Charity Concert 2012.source of income. BBX network also provides greater outreach to business owners & socially responsibleindividuals.Charities that have benefited from BBX include Salvation Army, FSHD Global Research Foundation,Ronald McDonald House, MS Australia and Day of Difference Foundation.BBX Singapore (Managed by Barterxchange (S) Pte Ltd)105 Cecil Street, #05-00 The OctagonSingapore 069534Website: www.ebbx.comHotline: 1800-2222-229 (BBX)Email: Singapore@ebbx.comContact person: Ms. Adele Sim
11. Expressprint is a commercial printing company with vast experience. Our outstanding reputation for high quality service and customersatisfaction is the result of a long-term commitment to excellence. We are a one-stop solutions portal. We provide a diversified range ofprinting services such as offset printing, digital printing, large format printing and sublimation printing that will meet your printing needs.Being furnished with the latest technology and our team of creative and talented staff, we are sure to provide you with superb value;high-quality, customized designs and superior service. One of our strongest strength lies in the competency of our people. We are able todeliver excellent service at all times due to our highly trained and motivated staff. We are in the business of building relationships - that’swhy we strive to employ the best compliment available. Every one of our employee is committed to deliver high quality products andservices to all customer.Corporate Social ResponsibilitiesExpressprint believes in the importance of community involvement which is why we support a range of organizations, events and causes.Whether celebrating the finer things in life, or helping those in need, the pursuit of perfection can take many forms. We are proud to lenda helping hand in the communities where our employees live and work. We actively look for opportunities to make a difference in thesociety through effective philanthropy and by promoting hands-on volunteerism among our management and employees.At Expressprint, we not only recognize our responsibilities to our customers and employees, but also to the community we live in. Partof our social responsibility as a corporate entity is to ensure that we conduct our business in a way that considers the ecological impactswe have on our environment. Expressprint is committed to a philosophy which incorporates “responsible practices” to produce qualityprinted products.From 2011, our commitment became even stronger amidst the effect of defected environment. Firstly, we are in the midst of transitingfrom the use of traditional petroleum-based ink to soy-based ink. Secondly, Expressprint uses card boxes made of recycled kraft paper tocontain the business card instead of the normal plastic boxes. In addition, we are give non-woven bags instead of plastic bags. We maynot be a big player in the greening of our planet, but together, we have strength. www.expressprint.com.sg
12. FEATURED SPONSORS新加坡信合旅游有限公司成立于2001年,是新加坡旅游局合法旅行社(注册号TA 01182)我社也是以下机构的会员: - 新加坡全国旅行社协会 - 新加坡会议及展览主办商及供应商行业协会 - 新加坡中华总商会 - 通商中国 which stands for I shine in Serving from the Heart and In Nurturing Everyone, is Singapore Pools’ Staff Community - 中国新加坡商会 Programme.业务涵盖:酒店订房, 机票出售, 交通安排, 自由行套装, 常规旅游团, 学生游学及夏令营, 商务培训考察 represents the programme’s staff volunteerism arm, where及交流, 会议, 奖励, 医疗等 Singapore Pools staff contribute to the community by volunteering time with disadvantaged children and the elderly. Six teams champion six beneficiaries.注册品牌旅游配套 “非常1+1”:我社的自由行品牌 “非常1+1” 是展现 “新加坡+其他着名海岛目的地” 的最佳旅游组合,使游客既可在新加坡尽享文化, 美食, 购物等文化产品, 又可在宜人的热带岛屿陶醉于静谧逍 is the fund-raising arm of Singapore Pools’ Staff Community遥的二人世界,绝对是亦动亦静, 一举两得的超值旅程! Programme. Since 2007, staff volunteers and partners have raised over $1 million for the President’s Challenge and other charities.Lex Travel Pte Ltd8 Eu Tong Sen Road #16-81The Central, Office Tower 2, Singapore 059818Tel: +65 6226 5633 For more about i-SHINE, please visit www.singaporepools.com.sg/gives
13. FEATURED SPONSORS ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS Concert Venue SERANGOON GARDENS COUNTRY CLUB Printing of Invitation Card & Posters THE CARD ROOMAbove all, the motto is: solutions customized to the customer’s application needs – Engineered Pump Printing of 100 A1 posters THE PRINT SPECIALISTSolutions – with a focus on taking a comprehensive approach to pump and system integration and onthe process itself. Videographer SERVTOUCH-WYWY (SINGAPORE) PTE LTDLEWA is competence leader in manufacturing of highly precise metering pumps and high-performanceprocess diaphragm pumps and offers furthermore complete metering systems and packages. Videographer INFOLOGI PTE LTDLEWA ranks highly in the world in liquid metering and specializes in operating under harsh and criticalconditions. LEWA systems perform metering and process tasks to the maximum pressures experienced Videographer DS MEDIAin the oil and gas and chemicals industries. LEWA also manufactures a range of pumps that meet thestringent hygienic requirements and codes for the pharmaceuticals industry. Music support FUZE COLLECTIVEComplementary partner products, coordinating pump accessories and system components for industrialprocess measurement and control round off the product range of the LEWA Group. Sign language Performers EXTRAORDINARY HORIZONSLEWA’s core expertise includes first class service and spare part distribution in after-sales, worldwideon-site presence combined with many years of experience in the international project management. Dance choreographers & trainers UROOSA KHAN & JOYOTEE RAY CHAUDHURYBlk 1 Clementi Loop #02-06Clementi West Logispark, Singapore 129808 Thank Coordinator SYGRIN KOH YouPhone +65 686-17127Fax +65 686-16506 Photographer LU TING JIEHinfo@lewa.sgwww.lewa.sg Dance Rehearsal Venue HSR
14. OUR SUPPORTER
15. THE COMMITTEE Advisor PATRICK LIEW Photography 1 CHARLIE LIM Programme Director MICHELLE WOMG Photography 2 LU TING JIEH Chairman ROGER KOH Music Equipments KASON KEE Legal Advisor CHUNG TING FAI Printer WELSON ANG PR / Marcom ANDREW CHOW Technical Support ZAVE HUANG Stage Planner Advisor DEBORAH T. PATEL Sculptor / Artist NGIAM WAN LEE / RICO Stage Manager WILLY LIM Children Entertainment LEE WOON CHIANGEnglish Media Spokesman LARRY, MICHELLE, SREYASHI Master of Ceremony JIMMY WONG, GENIE JUNYI Programme Booklet SYGRIN KOH Hair Styling THOMAS LEEChinese Media Spokesman ROGER, GENIE, YAN FU CAI Musician SAM WONG Admin YAN FU CAI Music Director BENNY SE TEO Logistics ASHLEY ELLA CHOO Corporate Governance JOSEF HO Secretary SREYASHI SEN