Introduction to Social Media
Digital & Social Media Specialist
• Social Media Network
• Why your business needs to be
on Social Media?
• Best Practices on Organic and
• How and what to measure on
• Social Media platform
integration for app developers.
Why your business needs to be on
• Brand building
Create brand awareness and build identity
• Engage with your customer
Keep top of mind in your customers and inﬂuence buying
• Obtain customer insights
Provides true insights of your customer which allow you to
carve out relevant marketing strategy
• Deliver real-time customer service
Delight your customers with quick help
Things To Consider Before Leaping Into
• What do you want to get out from social media and how will
you measure success? ROI? Brand building? Lead generation?
• Research and choose the right social media networks. Find out
where your customers or potential customers are.
• Do you have internal resources
• i) for content creation, planning and scheduling?
• ii) to manage your brands on all social media networks?
• iii) community management?
• What will you do when there is a PR crisis?
Best Practices on Organic and Paid reach
on Social Media Network
What are Organic and Paid Distributions?
• Organic distribution is when your content were shown to
people through unpaid channel,
• example: Facebook Page, Twitter account
• Paid distribution is when your content were shown to
people through paid channel
• example: Facebook Ads, Twitter Sponsored ads
• Allow brands to build a community
of people (fans) who wants to hear
from and engage with them
• Brands communicate with
customers on the page thru page
posts and vice-versa
• Brands can distribute marketing
messages directly to fans and get
• Actions such as Like, Comment or
Sharing on page posts creates a
story on friend of friend’s
newsfeed, generating viral and
Social Media Content Best Practices
• How to increase organic engagement?
• post original and relevant contents
• be authenthic, use your brand’s personality when posting
• target your content to the relevant demography
• keep a content calendar, when and what to post with clear KPIs
• keep it short and sweet (140 char)
• photos get most engagement than video and text (varies by culture and country)
• respond to comments, engage with your fans
• posting frequencies: 1x per day on Facebook, multiple (varies by social netculture and
• use maximum of 2 Hashtags per tweet on Twitter
• Test and optimise your social media content strategy
• Massive audience
>1 billion MAU WW, 1.5m -
2m MAU in Myanmar
• Mobile placement
65% of MM FB users access
FB using Mobile only
• Advanced targeting
Custom Audience, Look-alike
audience, Custom Audience
• When to use which ad types?
• Create awareness or communicating
• Page Post Engagement
• Event Responses
• Building fan base
• Page Likes
• Drive website traﬃc
• Clicks to Website
• Website Conversions
• App Installs
• Drive foot traﬃc to store
• Oﬀer claims
• Campaign Planning
• Set your campaign objective and
KPIs for measurement
• Pick targeting details: Age, location,
• Create diﬀerent set of contents and
creative to target diﬀerent set of
demography: age group (teens,
young adults, mature) and interests
• Select placement: Desktop News
Feed, Mobile News Feed, Right Hand
• Content: Be creative and refresh ad
copy and images regularly.
• Test, analyse and optimize!
How to measure Social Media success?
• Regardless of channel, your Social Media KPIs should be aligned with your
• If your business goal is to increase sales by X% in 2014, your content and ads
should be designed with that in mind. Number of fans, engagement, retweets,
followers are not business goals.
• Social Network like Facebook and Google provides brands with tools to track leads
and conversions which you can use to attribute your social media effort back to
• There are also 3rd party platform that brands can engage to track KPIs across
social media networks. i.e. Hootsuite Media
• Leverage Facebook Preferred Marketing Developers’s technology to help you
manage and optimise your social media activities.
Social Media Platform Integration for
• Social Media networks offer developers with tools to integrate their
apps with the platform, whether it’s to login to a site/app, interact with
other users using shared information or to communicate with followers.
• Facebook Developers: developers.facebook.com
• Twitter Developers: dev.twitter.com/
• Advantages of integration
• Get access to a huge distribution channel instantly, i.e. a billion users
• Quickly build out your app without having to reinvent the wheel, i.e.
Facebook Login and Payment solutions
• Personalise your app according to Facebook users’ shared
information i.e. interest, check-in location, name,
• Launched FarmVille in
2009, reaching 10 millions
daily active users within 6
• As of early January 2013,
Zynga games had over 265
• According to the BBC,
"ﬁgures suggest 80
percent of Zynga's
revenue comes from
• TripAdvisor mapped out multiple
ways to maximise Facebook
integration, a strategy that has
yielded great results: Facebook
users generate 27% higher
• Facebook Login:
• Once a person logs in, they
experience a unique,
personalised view of a
destination with friends’
ratings, check-ins, likes,
reviews, and etc.
• Facebook users contribute 2X
the amount of content than
those not connected
Source: Facebook Developers