Quick Start Guide
2. Learn how to navigate around VoiceThread
(1 min VoiceThread)
3. Register for an Account
2. Complete the registration process
3. From your VoiceThread home page click Go Pro! and apply for the free Educator
account. It allows you unlimited VoiceThreads.
4. You will need to check your e-mail to complete the process of upgrading your
4. Create your own VoiceThread
5. Make a comment on a VoiceThread
Title of voice
Each box is a
by a user
you to move
pages or slides Click the
in the voice arrow to listen
thread to the
Selecting the comment button will give you these options. You can call, video
record, audio record or type in your comment. you will be able to see or hear
your comment. If you like it click save. If you want to redo the comment click
cancel and redo.
• Discussion Board: interact with the image while explaining
• Digital story book: rexperiences, book reading (ﬂuency)
• Assessment: Self, Peer, Formative, Summative. Visual and
Oral. eg. speach practice assessment self & peer, art stages
• Tutorials eg. VoiceThread
• Student presentations
Examples of Students Work...
• Background noise from class either gives it an authentic
feel, or is annoying?
1. make sure your chin is over the mouse pad for clear
sounding recording voice.
2. ﬁnd a quiet place eg. ofﬁce area for recording so no
Where to next...
impacts on k-12 teaching and learning technologies
Register, browse topics and create VoiceThreads.
• http:// passonable.edublogs.org/
Year leveled examples of VoiceThreads.
Passionate advocator of the potential of VT and how it is being used in schools. Suzie