When to use MV*
• AJAX-heavy web apps
• JSON data structure
• Need to render data in different ways on the same
• A lot of user interaction that triggers updates
When NOT to use MV*
Your server cannot handle all the requests
Your app has little interactions on the page
Data changes rarely
MV* may be overkill for small projects
o Heavy to implement - if you could have gotten away
with 1 class, you now have 3
You can always combine MV*
with some other framework
Ем виси, ем не виси :)
When was the latest version released?
How often do they release new version?
Are there currently any betas?
Is there huge incompatibility between versions?
• How many opened issues are there?
• Is the documentation rich & easy to use?
• How steeper is the learning curve?
• Which big projects use the framework?
• How big & active the community is?
• Statistics from
• Spend some time browsing the source code
• Read other people’s opinion, but don’t count on
• Write a module/component for your App in plain
selected library/framework and see how it feels
• TodoMVC has implementations in several MV*
frameworks - check it out at todomvc.com