In the Philippines,
we have one of the
highest number of
•Photo Manipulation – along with
Microsoft Office our school system
prides itself of being to be able to teach
photo shop to its students.
•Play Games – most of
the time this is the
primary reason why
people buy computer
units, they want to play
games in their computer,
he should have bought a
Wii instead it would be a
much better experience
Computers of today should be
considered only as mere terminals of
a much bigger world of computing
which is the internet
1. Be concise and to the point.
2. Answer all questions, and pre-empt
3. Use proper spelling, grammar &
4. Make it personal.
5. Use templates for frequently used
6. Answer swiftly.
7. Do not attach unnecessary files.
8. Use proper structure & layout.
9. Do not overuse the high priority option.
10. Do not write in CAPITALS.
11. Don't leave out the message thread.
12. Add disclaimers to your emails.
13. Read the email before you send it.
14. Do not overuse Reply to All.
15. Mailings > use the Bcc: field or do a
16. Take care with abbreviations and emoticons.
17. Be careful with formatting.
18. Take care with rich text and HTML messages.
19. Do not forward chain letters.
20. Do not request delivery and read receipts.
21. Do not ask to recall a message.
22. Do not copy a message or attachment without
23. Do not use email to discuss confidential
24. Use a meaningful subject.
25. Use active instead of passive.
26. Avoid using URGENT and IMPORTANT.
27. Avoid long sentences.!
28. Don't send or forward emails containing libelous,
defamatory, offensive, racist or obscene remarks.
29. Don't forward virus hoaxes and chain letters.
30. Keep your language gender neutral.
31. Don't reply to spam.
32. Use cc: field sparingly.
Instant messaging (IM) is a form of realtime
communication between two or more people
based on typed text. The text is conveyed via
computers connected over a network such as
EFFECTIVE USE OF INSTANT
•Keep your conversations brief and to the point.
•Restrict children’s use of IM only to their immediate
•Don’t provide personal information to people that you
•Allow only people you know have access to your
•Avoid using ALL CAPS in your conversations
•Avoid as much as possible in using abbreviations
•Use emoticons to make your conversations more
•Use your status sign to tell people if you are available for
a conversation or away from your computer.
A social network is a social structure made of nodes (which are
generally individuals or organizations) that are tied by one or
more specific types of interdependency, such as values,
visions, ideas, financial exchange, friendship, kinship, dislike,
conflict or trade. The resulting graphbased structures are often
TIPS ABOUT SOCIAL NETWORKING
•Think about how different sites work before deciding to join a site
•Think about keeping some control over the information you post.
•Keep your information to yourself.
•Make sure your screen name doesn’t say too much about you
•Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing
— and knowing — about you.
•Remember that once you post information online, you can’t take it
•Consider not posting your photo
•Flirting with strangers online could have serious consequences
•Be wary if a new online friend wants to meet you in person.
•Trust your gut if you have suspicions.
BLOG Web LOG is
BLOGS a journal kept on
the internet. This
journal is often
updated daily and
information that the
the BLOG (Blogger)
wishes to share
with the world. Also
applies to websites
dedicated to a
particular topic and
being updated with
the latest news,
views and trends.