1. Audiences and Institutions Section BThe move to Digitalisation has been‘digital’ music has a massive benefit toruined the music the music industryindustry
2. Introduction to Section BLesson Aims: Understand the requirements for Section B G322 Consider your own role as Music Industry Audiences
3. Key Media Concepts G322When?9th January 2012How Long? 2 Hours- 45 minutes each questionWorth How Much? 100 Marks- 50% of your A-Level
4. Key Media Concepts G322 Audiences Institutions
5. The British Music Industry Key Questions The impact on file sharing How have new and web 2.0 has had ontechnologies changed the music industry and the way music is The way that major and audiences produced, distributed independent record and consumed by labels operate in audiences? targeting audiences.
6. How will I be assessed?Knowledge and Analysis 20Examples and Evidence 20Terminology 10
7. Task: Working with a partner you will need to brand and market anunsigned music artist.-1)Create a name and image for the band/artist--How will they be represented? Clothing/hair make up/style? Genre?-Sketch a mock up for their CD cover or website2. Who is the primary and secondary audience for this artist.Age, gender, ethnicity, hobbies and interests, media consumption3. Which record label would you sign them to and why?4. What is your marketing campaign:
8. You select one of the artists and tracks from the unsigned actwebsite. You then need to act as an A&R executive and create a marketing package for this artist. 1. Create an image for the band/artist- How will they be represented? Clothing/hair make up/style? 2. Who is the primary and secondary audience for this artist.Age, gender, ethnicity, hobbies and interests, media consumption 3. Which record label would you sign them to and why?4) How would you advertise (videos/posters/magazines/TV/web), publicise (interviews/gigs and concerts etc) and promote (merchandise, giveaways, sponsorship) them to appeal to the audience that you identified earlier?
9. Collating Contemporary EvidenceContemporary issue in the music industry: Date/Article/SourceSummarise key points of the article: