4. Research Mobile ApplicationBuild aWireless City + 2.000 test userswith> 500 hotspots
5. Biggest successAlfa community of i-City200 users did receive a very small budget andtechnical support for their dream applicationA lot of the alfa’s did became an employee of one ofthe founding companies of i-City.
7. Lessons learned• Communication is key• Hands on versus academic approach• Unpredictable• Multidisciplinary approach works• Don’t be afraid to fail• Bringing people into one project leads to new businesses• Partnerships
9. Our spin-off
10. Our spin-offi-City moved to IBBT (ilab.o)
11. What did we take from the lab• Good people• Partnerships• The conversation approach with new tools like Twitter and Facebook• Discussion with focus groups• Trial and error• Continuous innovation• Build, test, break, rebuild, test, …
12. Example 1Did start as a mini lab for KPNWe build our website with 3 ex-alfa’sWe still organize focus groupsWe found our first test user over twitter