View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
What is Oracle Fusion?
• “Oracle Fusion Middleware is a
‘preintegrated’ portfolio of customer-
proven software that spans from portals
and process managers to application
infrastructure, developer tools, and
• In short it is a complete stack of related
Components of Fusion
• There are about 17 different components.
• In this activity I worked with SOA Suite.
• SOA suite has the Oracle AS (Application
Server), ESB, business rule engine,
Oracle BPEL Process Manager, Oracle
Web Service Manager.
• Enterprise computing means computing in
the GRID environment or where
applications run on many servers.
• Enterprise Computing is made possible by
the use of middleware technology.
• Middleware's such as Oracle Fusion, BEA,
IBM MQ and Tibco.
Technologies in Fusion:
• EJB (Enterprise Java beans).
• Types of EJB
• MDB (Message Driven Bean), Entity Bean
and Session bean.
• JMS (Java Messaging Service).
• Web Service (most import part)
Importance of EJB
• EJB brings about the asynchronous
• It automate the transaction management
and reduce the code size.
• Provides security.
• Provides the remote access using the RMI
• Web Service bring about the application to
• It has a receiver and sender of SOAP
• SOAP is a platform neutral XML based
• Web Service send SOAP message that
are then used by the applcations.
• JMS or Java Messaging Service is a
standard messaging system.
• JMS has 2 messaging models- the queue
based model and topic based model.
• The SOAP messages in the web Service
are sent over JMS destinations (queue or
Installation of Fusion
SOA suite -Oracle AS, business rules and
ESB, BPEL manger and web Service
Installation is easy- open the file and run
The environment variables are set
• To check the environment variables all
you need to do is try running the SQL plus
from the command line and then run a .sql
file to execute the SQL script.
• Oracle Fusion is Beta tested with the
• Supposed to be launched in 2008.
• The version will be Fusion 11g.
• JDeveloper make the developing an
deploying task very easy.
• All the standards such as EJB 3.0 (latest)
• Other standards such as JSR188 for web
Services and JMS for messaging models
• Oracle says that there will be no vendor
• All this is bound to make Oracle Fusion a
big success with existing Oracle