Business and Strategic Alignment in EA – Practical Guidelines Based on Industry Best Practices
by IASA on Sep 18, 2009
- 3,737 views
Business and Strategic Alignment in EA – Practical Guidelines Based on Industry Best Practices - Dave Guevara ...
Business and Strategic Alignment in EA – Practical Guidelines Based on Industry Best Practices - Dave Guevara
As IASA members we are constantly reminded that architects are responsible for connecting business to IT. Business alignment is indicated in architecture frameworks like TOGAF or Zachman as an important step. However, the challenge comes in getting this done where EA is not top-down driven, short term deadlines always win over strategic efforts and standards like ITIL, COBIT and BPMN help but don’t really answer how There is a great deal of writing about EA, SOA, their benefits and how they need to be driven by business needs. The architect is still left with diverse guidance that provides little practical help on how exactly to conduct line-of-sight alignment between business strategy and system implementation. In this discussion, we will look at this issue from four perspectives:
1. Practical means of determining business value and impact, then creating alignment to your future state architectures.
2. Top-down view using an EA framework.
3. Bottoms up view in a future state architecture
4. Business functional model related to an application functional model
5. Practical suggestions that work now and can scale over time
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views