Company profile >>FOR 25 YEARS, NIGEL WRIGHT INTERNATIONAL HAS SUPPORTED MANY OF THE WORLD’SLEADING CONSUMER GROUPS AS A PREFERRED TALENT PARTNER ON A GLOBAL LEVEL.Since its formation in the 1980s, Nigel Wright International has become the leading specialist consumer search firmwithin the industry. We have extensive experience of bringing together high-calibre candidates and world-classorganisations. Our consultants are committed to delivering a quality service, to clients and candidates alike. Belowwe have detailed some key points that we feel we can add value to your talent acquisition strategy.GLOBAL DATABASE OF TALENTWe can find the best candidates from anywhere in the developed world. If you require a pan European or a globalsearch, we have the candidates and contacts in your markets to get the results you need.LOCAL DATABASE OF TALENTWe have native consultants present in each of our key territories. They all have strategic relationships withmanagements up to board level executives that extend over a number of years. This gives us an in-depth knowledge ofyour national talent pool.LINGUISTIC CAPABILITYA multi-linguistic capability is essential in todays global businesses environment. We cover 21 languages including allEuropean through to Arabic and Japanese.
Company profile >>CONSUMER INDUSTRY SPECIALISTSWe are the largest specialist recruiter for the Consumer sector. We have over 100 international consultantscommunicating to the market on a daily basis; building a powerful network of clients and candidates.DISCIPLINEWe recruit across various disciplines ranging from Finance, HR, Operations / Supply Chain, Commercial / Marketing &General Management.SALARY LEVELWe recruit at two levels on a permanent and interim basis: management and executive. All projects would be managedby a senior consultant, Manager or Director, where applicable.TALENT MAPPING SERVICENigel Wright Recruitment offers a robust talent mapping and succession planning (TMSP) service. Our expertise in theconsumer sector across the World means that we can provide our clients with an in-depth analysis of how theirorganisational capabilities compare to others in the sector. We can then use our extensive networks to help our clientsplan for the future, by identifying the right talent internally and externally for their business.
• Founded in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1988 by Nigel Wright• Over 100 industry specialist consutlants• Full back office support, analyst, database and administration• YOY growth of 22% averaged over past 4 years• Full international reach through own network of office locations• Capability to map teams in developed and emerging markets, allowing you access to a globalnetwork of talent.• Producing market maps of your competitors, including team structures and profiles of individualsand their salaries.• Allowing you access to a uniquely created research vault that tracks in excess of 40,000 candidatesglobally.• Our research team play a key role advising on our retained projects, making sure our shortlists areof the very highest quality.Why Nigel Wright Group? >>
Global food plcManaging DirectorCommercial DirectorSales DirectorMarketing DirectorTechnical ControllerTechnical ManagerGlobal Soft DrinksEuropean Marketing ManagerSenior Brand ManagerCategory Insight ManagerShopper Marketing ManagerMarketing Services ExecutiveBusiness Intelligence ManagerLeading Electronics manufacturerGeneral Manager – MarketingMarketing ExecutiveLuxury hair care businessChief Operating OfficerAccount ManagerGlobal brewer Sales Director National Account Director (On Trade)National Account Managers (4)Marketing ManagerInternational DIY branded goodsMarketing Director (based in Sweden)European Product ManagerMarketing ManagerRegional Diary businessCommercial Director (2)Commercial ControllerCommercial Manager (2)National Account Manager (2)Global reach >>Consumer Electronics businessManaging DirectorCommercial DirectorSales DirectorMarketing DirectorTechnical ControllerTechnical ManagerHealth and Beauty retailerEuropean Marketing ManagerSenior Brand ManagerCategory Insight ManagerShopper Marketing ManagerMarketing Services ExecutiveBusiness Intelligence ManagerLeading Electronics manufacturerGeneral Manager – MarketingMarketing Executive
Consumer Health & Beauty clientABOUT THE CLIENT A global leading FMCG business with a range of well known international brands.THE BRIEFThere has been an increasing demand for quality Category Managers on the supplier side in Denmark in the last fewyears. A Retailer expects a strategic partnership with its suppliers and the Category Manager now has a moresignificant role in nurturing these relationships and creating a channel strategy that meets the high expectations ofretailers.The client required an individual who could demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as the ability to effectivelytranslate the numbers into actions. The ideal candidate needed to have the ability and personality to be able tocommunicate the channel strategy externally to retailers and internally to the key account team. The overall objectiveof the new Category Manager would be to secure a leading position for our client, in the local Home and Personal Caremarket.OUR APPROACHBecause of the high demand for Category Managers in Denmark, as well as the limited talent pool of those with theright skills and experience, it was necessary to directly headhunt candidates for this role. The most importantrequirement was for the successful individual to have an in depth knowledge of the Danish retail trade, therefore ourconsultant was able to be creative when identifying target companies where this person might be. Candidates in FMCG,Retail as well as the Agency industry, were considered.Case Study >>
THE RESULTThe client was delighted with the result. The successful candidate came from a large consumer insight agency and hadsector knowledge, analytical skills as well as significant client facing experience. Within twelve months, this individualwas promoted to Trade Marketing Manager.CLIENT TESTIMONIAL"Over the years we have developed a close relationship with Nigel Wright. The consultantshave demonstrated that they thoroughly understand our business and our recruitment needs.We continue to use them because of the proactive approach they adopt and we always feelconfident that we will get an excellent result. A particular strength of Nigel Wright is thetimely communication they have with us as and the candidates involved in the recruitmentprocess. This installs confidence in all parties, that the process is running effectively and toschedule."HR Director Case Study (continued) >>
Timescales >>Description of Key Project Phases/TasksWeeks1 2 3 4 5 6 7PHASE 1Executive search commenced and response collatedPress/Internet advertisements placed (if appropriate)Database candidatesPHASE 21st stage interviews by Nigel Wright ConsultantShortlist presented to clientPHASE 3 Interviews by client/Testing and Assessment by Nigel WrightPHASE 4 Offer management, acceptance by candidate
• We treat each project individually and tailor our solution to meet the needs of our clients andcustomers.• We keep our clients fully informed throughout the process with either face-to-face meetings ortelephone updates and progress reports• Before commencing any assignment we ensure that we fully understand your company, includingyour strategic position, financial status and any operational issues• We want to understand what part this person will play within your business• Our service is truly consultativeClient meeting >>
At this stage we will advise on the most appropriate method of attracting exactly the right candidatefor the position.Made of 5 methods:•Search and headhunt•Database search•Media and print adverts•Online adverts + SEO•Professional networkingCandidate acquisition >>
• We engage in a rigorous examination of each person, looking at their core competencies andmanagement capabilities.• We go into great detail to be sure that we have a full understanding of their achievementsdocumented by financial facts and figures.• We will ensure that our client’s needs correlate with the experiences and capabilities of ourcandidates.• Only the highest calibre of candidate is put forward for client interview.Consultant interview >>
• We meet our clients to present our shortlist and to review the notes we make on each candidate.• Client interviews are arranged, to provide continuity, the relevant Nigel Wright consultant can beavailable to sit in on the interviews.• Before their interviews all candidates are fully briefed on the process.• Our approach ensures that both parties get all they can from the experience.Client shortlist >>
• We will have a clear understanding of the candidate’s expectations, which will be aligned with theclient’s offer.• Our consultants can ensure that the best possible terms are negotiated for the client.• It is essential that the candidate and client settle on a commercial agreement that suits bothparties.• If required we can advise on contracts and employment law.Offer management >>