Student Learning Plan
Students are to create a Learning Plan by completing the Student Learning Plan Handout. The purpose of the
plan is to assist students in recognizing their goals and the steps necessary to achieve those goals. The plan
sets out a record of information to carry out education, career and personal plans. The Learning Plan
encourages students to develop a sense of direction and a willingness to examine goals and alternatives.
By the end of this assignment students will be able to:
• Identify educational, career and personal goals.
• Identify the educational and personal choices required to meet those goals.
• Write a statement that outlines the steps and/or strategies required to achieve those goals.
This Learning Plan is designed to develop students' abilities to:
• plan and make decisions systematically
• gather and record the information needed to make and carry out education, career, and personal plans
The Learning Plan is a Word or WPS document and as such is flexible to enable students to increase the space
required in each section or to add cells in tables. This Learning Plan is to be completed on the computer and not
printed out and completed by hand.
I have arrived